1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oh Dear David Moyes

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Apr 3, 2017.

1. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Judging by the video, I doubt either of them were arsed.

Sick of these twats being offended on other people's behalf.

Blueman likes this.
  2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes, but Sunderland probably want to sack him more now.

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

That'd be like sacking the Captain of The Titanic after it's already hit the iceberg!..

Lovearsenalcock and AKCJ like this.
  4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Except the Captain wouldn't be in a position to claim unpaid contract remuneration. If they want rid, it would save them a few quid to use this as a pretext, as flimsy as it is.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I ain't ok with it to be honest.
    Threatening to slap someone for doing their job properly just ain't ok.
    And just cos he's laughing it don't make it a joke or funny imho.
    I have no idea if she felt threatened or thought it was funny or thought he was just a ****er but why didhe wait until the camera was off to say it if he thought it was an ok thing to say?
    I don't get how a bloke thinks it's ok to threaten to slap a woman. She ain't his mate so it weren't a joke between friends.
    I have two daughters and one of my biggest fears was them ending up in a relationship with a **** who thinks it's ok to slap them around or threaten them etc.
    I ain't PC gone mad and I ain't desperate to be offended by people but think he is a **** for saying that.
    I also ghink that in every job I have ever done I would be sacked for doing that (and would deserve it).
    And as he has never said it to a bloke I do get why people think it's sexist.
    And no ... I do not think it would have been ok to threaten a bloke.

PINKIE likes this.
  6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Except it's not just him laughing, she can clearly be heard laughing as well, so it was patently a joking exchange and he made no reference whatsoever to her sex, nor did he call her love, babe, babes or sweetheart*, so it wasn't sexist either.

I'll advised yes, threatening, no.

*other sexist terms are available.

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He did make a reference to her sex. He said she might get a slap, even though she's a woman.
    A true statement of equality. <applause>

8. remembercolinlee

Actually he did mention her sex...he said words to the effect of that don't think he wouldn't slap her just cos she was a woman.

People can and do often laugh due to nerves, surprise or awkwardness so I do not think that her laughing is proof of anything imo.
    People also laugh when being threatening so his laughing is not proof of anything either.

I was very careful to say that I did not know what she made of it and am not seeking to to say I have any idea but what she made of it is not the issue.

If it was just banter he would have said that but he didn't. .. he spoke about how it was said "in the heat of the moment" ... very different thing imo...he is saying that he was annoyed (as that's what "in the heat of the moment" suggests) and imho opinion and experience only ****s threaten people for no reason whether it'sin the heat of the moment or not.

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yeah but on a real...I 'feel' like giving a bloke a punch because he has driven me to that feeling and likewise women piss me off too. It's the same emotion, I'm not differentiating between the sex, if I'm offended I'm offended.

Having said that if i think she's hot and im having illegal rude thoughts about her then I'll pretend she is hilarious...even if I think she deserves a slap for talking rubbish.

10. remembercolinlee

He has no right to be offended by a reporter asking him a football related question imho.
    Anyhow ain't gonna fall out with anyone over it. ..one of you psycho mo fos might slap me <laugh>

PINKIE and Lovearsenalcock like this.

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I didn't even watch it RCL, I don't even know what we are talking about...I was just trying to create debate/riot.

I understand why a man with daughters feels like you do about it mate.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I agree with this. <ok> He was a stupid **** to come out with something like that. It was a petulant and angry little 'joke' that he made, and it was probably nervous laughter from the BBC reporter. You don't go around making jokes to slap women full stop. Fair enough he's come out and apologised and she's accepted it, so I don't think too much more should be made by way of sanctions, other than it being made clear that he was out of order.

And if anybody think's I'm part of the PC brigade for saying this, then let me assure them, I am not a pacifist and if somebody threatened to slap my daughter, I wouldn't think twice about giving them a ****ing good kicking.

remembercolinlee likes this.