1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Official: Stoke City FC vs Hajduk Split

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by Stoke City R.U.F.C., Jul 15, 2011.

1. Marin Režić

I hope that Tony will play attacking football in both matches because we do not know to play against bunkers, playing well up to 40 meters to the rival goal, but then we lose the ball because we do not have enough good technicians. We have very fast players in attack, and suits us when we play against someone who plays attacking football

2. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

Marin Tony will go all out in the first game to get the goals and a decent lead, but I guarantee that when we come to your place unless we are behind or drawing, you will have to break us down and it will not be easy!

3. Marin Režić

I know it will not be easy to score, if you're playing in that way.
    We do not play well against teams that played in that way, I know this because most clubs in our league plays a bunker in Split, and they are doing us a lot of problems in the counter-attack, because our defense is the weaker part of the team.

I must say that our fans fear most of your free kicks&corner kicks, and Delap ofcourse, and his long-range throws. We expect many problems from it.

4. Conroylegend

Conroylegend Member

Been waiting in anticipation for this and its an exciting draw for the club.Agree with Waddo in that we would need to take a decent lead to the 2nd leg.

It feels great to be back and Hajduk are an estbalished Euro Side especially going back in time.I fancy us with the expeirence we have in the squad but its a close call.We need to raise the roof at the Brit .

5. Marin Režić

Fulham wants Vukusić, writes in croatian newspapers.

I hope that we can sell him, because we have a replacement for him. We are negotiating with Josip Simunic and some other players, but we need money for transfers.

6. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Waddo
    Sorry mate, just asked the Missus and it was in fact "Rabac" well, it was 23 years ago!! which is top North of what is now Croatia. You will love it mate. Nice beer too! Bring on the 28th like a few more on here, I remember so well playing Ajax et in the 70s. Should be a fantastic night and let's fill the Brit <whistle>

7. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

Potts cheers mucker! <ok>
    I was at the Stoke v Ajax game back in 1974 and still have the programme in the loft. Let's hope we can get a decent run this time around :)

8. dame

dame Member

Ive been reading up on Splitz and they seem to be a very respected side, should make for a tasty encounter. Ive got a question though, just how competitive are the Croatian leagues and how do they compare difficulty wise against the english leagues?

Honestly cant wait to get my ticket, was praying for a 1st leg home game, working the 4th of aug, result :D

9. Marin Režić

I can compare our league with the Scottish league, they are very similar.
    Hajduk and Dinamo far the two strongest, richest and most famous Croatian clubs. Other teams in the Croatian league is not on that level.
    As the league in Scotland. Rangers and Celtic are much stronger than the rest of the league, such is the situation with us
    Dinamo is as strong as Celtic or Rangers, and perhaps stronger. 2 years ago he played against Hearts, and smashed them 4-0.
    They are stronger than us, have a stronger team, their vice president is a mobster, so they have several times bigger budget than us.
    I can not say now how we are strong, because no one knows. We have a new team and so far we have only played a few games with BiH and Austrian clubs from lower leagues. We played only one match against a strong opponent, Bursaspor, and we won 1-0

10. I can throw the ball further than Delap

Some of your fans on facebook say that the Stoke fans will 'go home in coffins after the match' I bloody hope you're not like that!

11. Marin Režić

kids....

Split is a tourist town, the whole Dalmatia living from tourism ..... and the whole state. If this happens, you think people would come every year in ever greater numbers?
    When you arrive in Split, do not provoke and no one will touch you. Hajduk is a religion here. Do not mention Dinamo, nor their fans. Do not mention the Serbs, Serbia, Partizan, Red Star, or anything else that has to do with the Serbs, and no one will say anything. You will be well welcomed ;)

12. Marin Režić

Do you know how you know whether you can expect problems in Split?

If the first game pass without a fight, and if our fans are well welcomed in England, friendly, without any tension, you are absolutely sure and no one will touch you when you arrive in Split.
    If there are riots in England, if there is a fight between our and your fans, 100000% will be riots in Split.
    So, you can monitor what will happen in the first game, so you'll know what to expect when you arrive in Split.

13. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Hi Marin
    how do you rate Vukusi&#263; ? What are his strengths?
    I'm a Fulham fan

14. Marin Režić

He is a fast player, very good 1 on 1, a fighter, not the type of player who stands in one place waiting for the ball, solid technique. Last season he was our best player along with Ibricic, when we entered into the Europa League group.
    As a person, he is a bit conceited, so people say

15. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

16. Marin Režić

Hajduk - &#352;ibenik statistic:
    Goals - 2:1
    Shots - 27:4
    Shots on goal - 15:3
    Corners - 15:3
    Fouls - 8:23
    Ball possession - 62%:38%
    And Hajduk hit the post 3 times.

[video=youtube;jQ4R5BJQeVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ4R5BJQeVY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;uTm9qRQRpoM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTm9qRQRpoM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

17. dreamsea_croatia

dreamsea_croatia New Member

Hi guys,

if anyone coming to split...and if you need any kind of help, please contact me

I can organize trip for you (inside of croatia)...maybe even organize one week of sailing - croatia is best country for sailing in world (or some other interesting activity)

you just need to come to croatia...trip from Zadar,Rijeka even pula...everything is OK...I can arange transportation

you can contact me here,or on e-mail [email protected]

hope to see you next week in UK...

and please...recommend me some good (and cheap) place to stay over...

we can even stay @ yur place...if someone has anything free....(and pay for it)

p.s.
    this is not some ripping off advertising :angel:

distances from other airports in croatia...

Zagreb (4 hours from split)
    Zadar (2 hours)
    Rijeka (5-6 hours)

Pula (6-7 hours)

Sarajevo - Bosnia (5 hours)

Podgorica- Montenegro (6 hours)

p.p.s.

for people from split...we have still one or even two spaces free in car to UK....if you read this and you are interested in trip...contat me, also

I hope I'll be able to drive on left side in UK

18. Sandor Clegane

Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
    Forum Moderator

Can't say if it's nice or not, as I've never stayed there, but there is a holiday inn about 2 minutes walk from the stadium, and it's meant to be cheap. Not sure of the exact address but if you google 'holiday express stoke' you'll find it.

19. dreamsea_croatia

dreamsea_croatia New Member

thx

sounds great

20. kastelanac

kastelanac New Member

Please guys, i heard that Stoke-Hajduk game won't be on TV???!!!! You have any info????

Because, this will piss me off............. :emoticon-0106-cryin

I can't go to your place and i was looking eagerly to watch this match!!!!