1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Official standards

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by Norwayhornet, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

This season we have had some right idiot officials ,even worse than the last couple of years(reading ghost goal anyone!).
    I was wondering if the fans of other championship clubs agree that standards have gone down or not?
    If so How would you fix the problem ? in a manner that wouldnt cost the clubs too much money!

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Leeds seem to get crap referees every week. For me, the two solutions would be video refereeing for goalscoring decisions and making sure refs keep the play moving. That should be a requirement before they are given any FA qualifications. I have no time for big-headed, short-arsed megalomaniacs who get into refereeing for a power rush. Let the game flow and you're doing a good job.

3. Norwayhornet

Wonder if anyone has been happy with the standard of officials this season!

4. brb

brb Guest

One of the worst referees last weekend, surely had to be the man in black at Gillingham.

We have all seen some bad referees but this had to be the worst guy this season if not the worst I can ever remember.

In the first half it felt like he was stopping the game every single minute, the entire crowd completely turned on him as most decisions also appeared to go to Bradford.

However I believe his inept refereeing ability actual cost Bradford the game, especially when our guy Barcham was fouled and instead of playing advantage pulled the game back - the resulting free kick gifted the Gills their opening goal.

Without doubt someone maybe the fourth official must have spoken to him at half time, because it was a complete turn about by ref and he hardly held the game up at all.

In regards to technology to resolve situations, imo that is ok for the armchair fan but on a freezing cold day watching league two football you have got to be having a laugh, lets just get on with the game and continue the fun of debate and arguments afterwards.

5. theowhitmore11

theowhitmore11 New Member

definately agree that standards this season have been poor, it used to be biased towards whichever team was at home, now referees regularly upset away and home fans with such inconssistant decisions!
    i remember a couple of seasons ago SSN did a report on how Hibs were teaching all their under18 players on how to become referees, as not all players make the final step up to professional football, at the time i thought it was a fantastic idea....however, like i say that was a couple of years ago, no word of it happeneing now and i cant find a website ever saying it did....but it did! lol

6. Norwayhornet

Not a gooner lover ,however that ref against barca for me goes to the top of the truly muppet ref list!!

7. Supergeo2411Wfc

Kevin Friend, Andy D'Urso, Rob Styles, Stauat Attwell.. The list goes on <laugh>