1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Off to America

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by cumbrianmackem, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not true that.

Obama's administration insisted that anyone or any nationality who had visited those 7 countries in the previous 5 years, had to apply for a visa before they'd be allowed entry into the US, to allow for additional security checks to be carried out.

What Trump has done is ban any citizen of those 7 countries entry into the US, completely different things and as Guiliani confirmed he came at it from the angle of wanting a muslim ban (but obviously not muslims from countries he trades with like)

Nostalgic likes this.
  2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Obama is a ****ing arsehole.
    Whinging on about Irish immigrants while his illegal Kenyan auntie was allowed to stay.
    It's who you know that counts.
    Like the McCann's do. <ok>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Ok, so he had restrictions that have been further adjusted. The way I see it Trump doesn't stand to gain much from a temporary travel restriction (not ban), so with the overhaul of senior figures within the Gov't framework, if they have enough reason to suggest it's worthwhile (and the media don't get access to all evidence, very little in fact) then people from those 7 countries, including Christians, Sikh's, Atheists... they all have to accept that sometimes, **** just happens.

I couldn't take a job in Saudi as a procurement exec because my wife's dad has an Israeli passport, tough ****.

Makemstine Roger and Billy Death like this.
  4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It's nothing more than pointless political grandstanding. There's been a grand total of ZERO terrorist acts carried out by citizens of the 7 banned nations since 9/11

Whereas the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi, but of course Saudi isn't on the list, I wonder why....

5. Tel (they/them)

Don't get me wrong mate, I don't agree with banning folk from the 7 countries from travelling either permanently or temporarily. It's probably his way of refusing refugees until he gets a handle on the situation and an understanding of how his administration wants to go about dealing with it, and if he hadn't previously shown a prejudice directed against Muslims, then perhaps it wouldn't have backfired on him so spectacularly, but that's what happens perhaps when you're a businessman and not a politician.

I'm not too sure how many refugees are coming out of Saudi, perhaps that's why they're not on his list... or perhaps that's the 'official' reason.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

This ban is on all citizens from those 7 countries travelling to the US mate, it's not just banning refugees.

The Saudi's aren't on the list as they've got a ****ing fortune invested in the US, simple as, oh and oil <ok>

7. Tel (they/them)

Of course it's not just refugees, but by banning everybody it's a catch all.

Makemstine Roger likes this.