1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

oddments from the other 4 divisions

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Dec 29, 2016.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I guess we all wander up and down the BBC looking at whats going on elsewhere, or have other teams we might have a passing interest in ... from back in the 70's I had an eye on Forest Green, as a bloke I worked with had a little bit to do with them and his son played for them. It was a shock to see them sack their manager just 1 week before the play off's and put a caretaker in charge....
    This season they installed Mark Cooper ..... and they aint doing so well ..
    my thoughts on it were the owner wanted to win the league and not be second.so did not want to win the play off's !
    I also look out for Plymouth and used to look out for Darlington!

Anyone else have other teams to keep an eye on?

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I also used to always look out for Darlingtons results (for reasons I don't understand), and also Halifax Town, Southport, and Hereford United. It's a little scary that none of these teams are football league clubs any more, or does it speak volumes about the teams I choose to follow ?

Until Forest Green played Lincoln recently they were top of the league and looking like they were unbeatable. Now they are on a losing streak and having clawed back a 3 goal deficit away against Torquay at the weekend, they still managed to lose the match 4-3 eventually.

Then there was Almondsbury Greenway....

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Bridgwater Town and Andover Town, only because I used to live there many moons ago.

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Swindon (because I live here), Plymouth because a good mate of mine supports them - same with Portsmouth.
    I also keep an eye on Forest Green - and of course the blue few.

All these are purely to have conversation ammo - not because I actually like them much.

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

there was a documentary on TV in which they were the feature .. almost down and out in debt and really struggling ....maybe as much as 10 years ago