1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Odd support today

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 19, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It was slightly weird today, apparently we took 640, but the vast majority sat down all game and it wasn't like our normal away following.

There were about five rows of us at the back who stood and sang all game, then there were the odd few scattered around who jumped up occasionally, but it wasn't like a normal away game.

I can't remember the last time we have City fans singing 'all this way and you still don't stand' to our own fans and on the topic of songs, I don't like the new Jimmy Paedophile song, we'll more than likely have him back with us next season.:emoticon-0114-dull:

2. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

the singing at our own fans is becoming a regular annoying habit...it was happening at reading, and it pissed me off, because i dont remember seeing half the faces of the people singing at torquay away on a tuesday night a few years ago....

i was sat down today, but still singing, i prefer standing, but everybody immediately behind me sat down, and i was too lazy to move to the back <laugh>

i thought there some decent noise at times, witht the decent songs...but i refuse to ever join in..01482...its an awful thing to chant ;)

3. HCFC

HCFC Member

Why is it an awful chant? I like it, original and something about Hull.

4. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

As DJ said: you don't have to stand up to sing! I think if you've travelled to get to an away match then that's enough to show you love the club. There's sometimes another reason for not singing: nerves.

5. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

I didn't go today, how did we play anyone? Simpsons goal was really good but the football league show still manage to keep our highlights to less than 30 seconds :(

Off to Derby on Tuesday night, advice on best place to park would be appreciated.

6. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

I didn't go today, how did we play anyone? Simpsons goal was really good but the football league show still manage to keep our highlights to less than 30 seconds :(

Off to Derby on Tuesday night, advice on best place to park would be appreciated.

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It's absolutely true that you don't need to stand to sing, though it's definitely a good idea at Portman Road, that place must have been built for pygmies, there's no leg room at all.

8. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

just makes me cringe, sounds like it was selected winner of a blue peter competition to make up a chant..

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It's the 'how **** must you be....' chant that I hate most, it was ironic in the Premier League, but now we're one of the form teams, it makes no sense.

Some bloke yesterday kept singing 'how **** must you be, you've got Bullard', which made even less sense.:emoticon-0114-dull:

10. HCFC

HCFC Member

Hate that tune now, every man and his dog sing it these days.

"..... is a ****hole, i wanna go home" "This is the best trip" "How **** must you be" etc etc...

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Was the exact same at Reading... even my Mrs who I dragged along hates standing for ages was stood all game at the back with us, and everyone in front of us was as still and silent as, well something dead.

It had best bloody not be the same at Derby, Reading was the first away game I made it to this season and I was immensley disappointed. Derby's only my second so I'm hoping for a major improvement... I've been missing the atmosphere...

12. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

Listen, not everyone likes singing, not everyone can sing. It doesn't mean we don't support our team.

If I start singing the ground would empty.

Have my notes cannot be heard by humans, even Anne Widdicombe can hardly bear the notes I hit.

You have been warned!

13. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I missed yesterday, but was at Reading, right at the back, next to the right hand steps. Stood and sung for most of the match. Which compared to how quite I am at the KC is a marvel.
    The only time that I haven't bothered was our last Portsmouth game, I sat throughout and hardly joined in at all. I'm indifferent to it. When its right and the chants are going well, great. But I do get nervous at times. I also enjoy just watching, trapped in my own football world, trying to figure out the next pass or move. I often just get totally absorbed in the game and forget that I'm in a crowd. A couple of regulars behind me comment on every flipping pass. Stewart to Koren, will he try a shot, rubbish, deflected.... All match long, it does my head in! So prehaps its because of them that I switch off. I suppose its who you are with that makes the difference!

14. adamisme

adamisme Member

agreed Olm that Jimmy song isn't funny at all. I have to hold my hand up and admit i wasn't doing a lot of singing and shouting, but come the Coventry game i'll b back on form

15. James

James New Member

i hate it when people complain about standers at the football. gets right on my tits when I ask the club for higher up seats, gets even more on my tits when ive been sat in a car for 4 or 5 hours and dont wanna be sat down for anoter 2 hours then another 4 or 5 hours. stop being lazy you twats

16. Bosco

Bosco Member

I thought the support was good, though was surprised how many sat down, plus not nice to hear fans taunting fellow fans, particulary after shelling out £31....each to their own regarding sitting or standing. City's supporter's are not necessarily the youngest though, hence perhaps the desire to sit. I prefer standing and it is a lot more enjoyable when the atmosphere gets more electric and vocal... especiallly after City's equaliser.

Agreed re the Jimmy chant, not good form. Listened to BBC Suffolk on the journey back and they are singing the praises of Jimbo, though they now have a dilemma with the young lad who was playing in his place yesterday - he had a good game.

Calling the new fella Taleban is also pretty ignorant.

I enjoyed the Paul Jewell chant, had to point out his head on the highlights to my girlfriend, so she could fully appreciate the enormity of the matter. Shame re some of the swearing, given a number of youngsters there, couple of knuckleheads near me, with no consideration in their use of the English language.

Hope Stewart is ok, he looked excellent yesterday. Thought Evans looked nervous, but good cross and superb header from Jay, perhaps we could have a chant using tv show 'The Simpsons' theme tune. Dawson was much improved.

UTT !

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The funniest of the Jewell head chants, was the:

He's got a space hopper for a head........etc

There did seem to be a lot of older fans there on Saturday, that was my point about it not being like our normal away following. People buy a ticket and it's up to them if they sit or stand, I was just a bit surprised at quite how many sat all game, it was much better at Scunny, where there were 2,200 and not one person was sat down.

18. DarbyDays

DarbyDays Active Member

What struck me was how quiet it went when we went behind - the noise normally holds up better. But getting at people cos they sit does not help - all the noise should be directed at supporting the team or getting at the other side. Personally, I'd much rather stand but cannot be bothered with the hassle if those behind are (annoyingly) sitting.

19. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

Each to there own James.... You pays your money you takes your choice. Enough room for both Sitters and Standers on Saturday but I was totally surprised at the lack of noise from the Tractor Boys. <cheers>

20. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

Cambridge, where are you based? I am living/working in Cambridge as well (in spite of the user name).