1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

N'Zogbia

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nads, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Just didn't feel it would be right to not have a pointless thread about him, felt wrong.

Apparently he has no club and we have absolutely no interest in signing him.

Yes, I'm bored.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  2. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Ha

I'd take him, mate. I was disappointed when we didn't sign him after he had been training here. He looked one of the better players in the friendlies.

3. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

When we got him as a teen he looked a real prospect. Flashes of real quality but ultimately turned out as good as he could be bothered to be - only thing he would be useful to you guys for is so you can say to the likes of Whatmore "look what happens if you think you've made it already".

4. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Rumours flying around he was at Seaham Hall....

7 years ago.

5. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

But N'Zogbia had made it? When he left Newcastle he moved to Wigan and was a cracking premier league player for them. Then he went to Villa where he was good for the first year or so, then it all started to go wrong.

He's another player who thinks he's deserving of Real Madrid or Barcelona. If he had have lowered his ambition and kept his head right. He'd still be a quality premier league player, now.

Nads likes this.
  6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I think some players are just so fragile mentally. While all is going well with the right manager and right support they excel to point they develop some ambition and they try to engineer moves to bigger clubs and what not cause they're in the comfort zone. New club comes, and the manager doesn't put his arm around you like the last one and nerves start to effect their game. Next thing the form suffers to the point they can't be picked and their careers just go to **** and they never seem to recover. Players still in their 20s dropping down divisions after previously coasting at the higher level. The self hype is over compensating for serious confidence issue.

Zogbia is a prime example. Januzij is player you can see it happening to presently. Carlton Cole couldn't find the net in Indonesia and was sacked. a 33 year old ex pemier league striker should be smashing them in at that standard.

Telling you, it's the big heads who are usually the most fragile. It's all social camo.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    flandersmackem and Nads like this.
  7. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

That is a very good summing up of players of that ilk....weak as pi55

Brian Storm likes this.
  8. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Tecnically a good player but the fact hes got no club speaks volumes to me.
    He seems like a proper bellend.