1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nuclear Plant on a Fault Line???

Discussion in 'Watford' started by BrixtonR, Apr 5, 2011.

1. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Yes it is racist. My grandmother was definitely racist, my father is without justification racist prejudiced against those he doesnt understand, I personally celebrate racial differences as there are qualities and faults in every race, wish we'd open our minds to that and accept that some other races/cultures are better in certain areas than our own. I do not believe in a bland all equal world, there are differences based upon culture and evolution.

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Gotta say I agree Aberdeen - and what is refreshing is to be able to talk about racism - my Dad - and probably most of his generation were what we would now call racist - but he could not see it - even years after it was not PC he referred to Pakistanis as Pakies - and would not listen wehn I told him that was now considered offensive.

I too think it stupid to deny racial/ cultural differences - and sexist ones too for that matter - the point as you say is to celebrate those diversities not to pretend that everything is blandly the same

3. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Now that is a really good point for debate! Without racism would the world have no different cultures and differing evolution!

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

What people need to understand is that there is recognition of racial and other differences and then there is nasty prejudice that says "we are good and you are bad" Diversity is splendid and who would want to live in a robotic world where everyone was the same - for a start you would not get a good debate on here :)

5. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Is there a difference between black and white? ?Yes but black is better in certain areas white in others bone density means blacks are bad swimmers compared to white but fast twitch muscles in black athletes are better than in white. In our european races we have developed a set of society values based on selfishness, in tribal l communities and that includes africa, middle east and south america there is a greater sense of family and community, define racism.... if its prejudice then thats wrong, if its recognition or a concept of difference between races then i would be defined a racist.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

By the strict definition defining everyone using characteristics such as race is of course racist - however what makes it evil is when you use that to stereotype in a harmful way people defined by their race alone. Being racist is usually interpreted in the negative way - but we do ourselves harm if we pretend that racial characteristics don't exist - a simple example is sickle cell anaemia which unfortunately affects some races more than others