1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League NPL - This weeks fixtures, weekend 22 Oct

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by RedandWhiteManofKent, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Man City v Southampton 1-1
    Portsmouth v Notts County 2-1
    Burnley v Everton 0-2 (J)
    Swansea v Watford 1-1
    Chelsea v Man Utd 1-1
    Feyenoord v Ajax 0-2

GAME 2

Name any one player to score for their team in any of the above 6 fixtures= Lukaku

GAME 3

Bonus points - pick ONE game from the listed score prediction fixtures in Game 1 and the total goals scored in that match will be added to your weekly/monthly total = Pompey vs Notts County

GAME 4

Predict any teams from the following fixtures who will LOSE the fixture they are playing.
    (Pick as many as you like - 2pts for each team correctly picked, BUT lose all these points if select an incorrect team)

Fixtures= Middlesbrough Burnley Sunderland Preston

GAME 5

Lucky 5's - Predict as many TEAMS from Game 4 fixtures who between them will score a total of 5 goals exactly.= Man City, Arsenal, Nottingham Forest

2. Ana

Ana Well-Known Member

GAME 1

Predict the scores for the following 6 fixtures
    Play your joker against your most confident prediction to double points

Man City v Southampton 2-1
    Burnley v Everton 0-2 (J)
    Swansea v Watford 3-1
    Chelsea v Man Utd 1-0
    Feyenoord v Ajax 2-1

GAME 2

Name any one player to score for their team in any of the above 6 fixtures=Lukaku

GAME 3

Bonus points - pick ONE game from the listed score prediction fixtures in Game 1 and the total goals scored in that match will be added to your weekly/monthly total =
    Swansea v Watford
    GAME 4

Predict any teams from the following fixtures who will LOSE the fixture they are playing.
    (Pick as many as you like - 2pts for each team correctly picked, BUT lose all these points if select an incorrect team)
    Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Burnley

GAME 5

Lucky 5's - Predict as many TEAMS from Game 4 fixtures who between them will score a total of 5 goals exactly.=Arsenal, Everton, Burnley

3. Ana

Ana Well-Known Member

Oops I didn't realise the Bournemouth game had kicked off. Can I delete them from game 4? If not then I guess I void that question

4. Toss saints

Toss saints Well-Known Member

Man City v Southampton 1-2
    Burnley v Everton 0-1J
    Swansea v Watford 1-1
    Chelsea v Man Utd 0-0
    Feyenoord v Ajax 0-3

GAME 2
    Lukaku

GAME 3

City Vs Saints

GAME 4

Misslebrough, Burnley, Blackburn, Ipswich, Preston
    GAME 5

Arsenal, Man City, Saints

SCORING & RULES

GAME 1. 3pts for each exact score prediction, 1pt for each correct result prediction. Joker to be played on 1 selection to double pts scored in that fixture. Must not edit posts after 1st game kick off. Any changes for late kick offs create new post.

GAME 2. Pick just one goalscorer from the 6 fixtures. 3points for a correct goalscorer. Must not edit posts after 1st game kick off. Any changes for late kick offs create new post.

GAME 3. The number of goals scored will be added to your total. 1 consolation point will be given if the game is postponed.

GAME 4. Pick as many teams as you feel brave to do. 2pts for each team you correctly pick but Lose all points if select an incorrect team. Can not change after kick off of 1st match.

GAME 5. LUCKY 5's. Pick as many teams as you like from fixtures in Game 4. You score 5pts if the teams goals scored add up to a total of 5 goals exactly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

1. GAME 1

Predict the scores for the following 6 fixtures
      Play your joker against your most confident prediction to double points

Man City v Southampton 1-1
      Portsmouth v Notts County. 2-1 (j)
      Burnley v Everton. 0-1
      Swansea v Watford. 1-1
      Chelsea v Man Utd. 0-0
      Feyenoord v Ajax. 2-2

GAME 2

Name any one player to score for their team in any of the above 6 fixtures= Lukaku

GAME 3

Bonus points - pick ONE game from the listed score prediction fixtures in Game 1 and the total goals scored in that match will be added to your weekly/monthly total = Feyernoord v Ajax

GAME 4

Misslebrough, Burnley , Hull Wigan

1. GAME 5

Lucky 5's - Predict as many TEAMS from Game 4 fixtures who between them will score a total of 5 goals exactly.=

Arsenal; West Ham

6. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

All but one person playing Game 4 picked Middlesbrough (or its close cousin Misslebrough) to lose. It was thus a near-guarantee that they'd avoid defeat.

Toss saints likes this.
  7. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

Damn! Forgot this again...

8. Shepherd's Clearing

Shepherd's Clearing Well-Known Member

So from my storming start to this month 19 points I have gone to 4 points and this week, with only two games left, I'm currently on 1 point....has anyone started off clear top of the table and ended bottom by the end of the month?

9. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

I've started bottom and ended bottom - quite a few times!

10. SaintinSerbia

Helen - not playing is definitely cheating! I AM THE WORST PREDICTOR!!!!!

11. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

You've caught me out, SiS :D

SaintinSerbia likes this.
  12. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

You definitely won't be bottom for the month, because I'm on an all-time roll at the moment. After consecutive weeks of scoring 4 points, I believe that I have managed to out-do myself and score 3 this time, all from the goals tally.

By my math, I've gotten 3 result predictions right all month out of 18 games, none with the correct score; to merely reach the level where I am as accurate as a completely random distribution of guesses between win/draw/loss, I need to go 5 for 6 next week.

13. RedandWhiteManofKent

RedandWhiteManofKent Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Saintinserbia who is this weeks winner with 11pts.

In what was a very low scoring week where 3 was a decent score and 0 even a possibility.

saintinserbia, beefy, oddriveroakwizards, le tissiers laces and Fatletiss all correctly predicted saints 1-1 result.

only saintrichie123 had a correct goalscorer with vokes, best bonus goals was the chelsea game with 4. No points scored in game 4 with middlesbrough, everton, southampton and bournemouth letting most down by not losing.

only saintinserbia scored in the lucky 5 game picking up 5pts for teams scoring exactly 5 goals.

weekly table
    pos/team/total
    upload_2016-10-25_15-40-20.png

in the monthly table, previous leader ana only picked up 1 pt this week and Fran and totton go top with a week to go. need to finish top 15 for a place in november cup

monthly table
    pos/team/wk1/wk2/wk3/total
    upload_2016-10-25_15-42-5.png

SaintinSerbia likes this.
  14. SaintinSerbia

I'm contemplating retiring while I'm on top! It's got to be downhill from here on!