1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Nottingham Forest @ Deepdale 3/11/2015

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Nov 1, 2015.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Forest arrive at Deepdale with manager Dougie Freedman under increasing pressure after yesterday's loss at Hillsborough. The natives at the Forest ground are increasingly restless and behind the scenes wages have not been paid on time for the last two months . Apparently Nigel Clough is being lined up as a replacement, following their game at Deepdale, Forest play at Derby on Friday night so suspect Dougie has a big week in front of him. Seven games without a win and they have not scored two in a game since they played QPR in mid September.
    Lansbury did not play yesterday which is a big miss for them as I consider he is a really decent player. Ex North Ender Kelvin Wilson is one of the main stays in the Forest defence but up front they seem to be struggling, as are we.
    Still awaiting for a North End forward to score and after yesterdays sterile affair no better way to start by scoring against Forest, four games four clean sheets although shot shy, we have still to win at home, hopefully Forest will be more entertaining than Bolton were.

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Forest's under pressure manager Dougie Freedman must have wondered after last nights 1-0 defeat what he has to do to get a win, after absolutely battering a out of sorts Preston side and still ending up on the losing side.
    Apart from the first 10 minutes or so Forest played some of the best football seen at Deepdale this season, however they lacked an end product and when they did shoot they found defenders blocking their path as well as the best keeper in this league Jordan Pickford.(That's my view)
    Forest flewout of the traps and the excellent Mendes was only denied by a great last ditch tackle by Wright, within 30 seconds North End had scored and for the first time this season it was a forward. The ball ran loose from Garner, Johnson's shot was blocked by De Vries however Doyle tucked away the rebound. Garner should have had a second but his header when well placed went over instead of under the bar.
    Then the red tide took over, North End's inability to tackle in midfield led to Lichaj firing over as the defence backed off. Oliveira had a shot saved by Pickford before missing the target when well placed. Also Osborn fired narrowly over from distance and too compound matters they also had a goal disallowed Mills heading home but was given offside and they also hit the bar. Garner had a chance for the home side but De Vries made a camera save, looked spectacular but was routine.
    Forest dominated in the second half but did not create as many chances as they had in the first half, the home defenders scrambled the ball free in a mass scramble for the ball in the six yard box, strangely Forest substituted Mendes who was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, it was an odd substitutions alth.pough his replacement did cause North End problems. One Garner effort was fumbled by De Vries but he recovered to smother any chance. On the final whistle a free kick to Forest on the edge of the box, ball into the box and a Forest shot was heading goalwards the ball hit Gallagher before firing off to safety. Referee blows for full time it was the last action of the game. Forest deserved something from the game but got zilch. Five clean sheets for North End and five games unbeaten but boy we were woeful last night and won.

Preston North End 1 Nottingham Forest 0 Att 10216

Preston manager Simon Grayson:

"It's a fantastic achievement to get five clean sheets on the trot.

"To do it in any league takes some doing but at this level with the players we've been against.

"There's a huge amount of credit to the lads, as individuals and as a team."

Nottingham Forest manager Dougie Freedman:

"I've seen enough over six or seven games that we are in a very false position.

"I understand that everybody at the football club would be concerned but I'm certainly not from what I see.

"You're going to have difficult moments in a season and this is one - I don't see us anywhere near a relegation battle."