1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

not606 Official Norwich City Transfer Rumour Thread - January Window 2013

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 5, 2012.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

2. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

good idea KIO, other boards seem to have these up. unfortunately i don't have a new one to put up - saw this Cluj rumour today on the BBC gossip page. Also we can add -

Maryouane Chamack
    A SA goalkeeper who i can't remember his name
    Robbie Keane

3. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Max - you can keep Chamack and any SA keeper - I'd take keen to help us through the winter but I'd rather have a permanent striker to take sopme of the burden from Holty.

4. canary_max

i don't think chamack is a bad as made out, he's a bit of a boo-boy at arsenal. he's not coming anyway.
    i like the sound of the senegalese winger at Cluj though <ok>

5. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Plays at OT tonighy for cluj, he may be the next tettey for us! Will also add he's a winger who can also play as a striker...

6. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

No he's not, he's even worse! He is an incredibly ordinary player, shows dreadful movement, is as lazy as they come and doesn't have a particularly impressive goalscoring record anywhere he's been. Absolutely zero interest in signing him, as I'm sure Wenger probably wishes he had a few years ago before they handed him a bumper contract.

7. canary_max

like i said, we won't be signing him. i just don't think he's a bad as made out personally - agreed his goalscoring record isn't great though.

8. canary_max

the next Demba Ba maybe? also noticed he wears the number 99 shirt for Cluj!

9. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

Cluj striker/winger looks like he would.make elliott bennett look slow! I know youtube can make any player look good but you cant deny, itd be nice to have some pace out wide as snoddy and pilks (for all the good they can do) have very little in the way of pace. I lost count of the times pilks had to turn back vs sunderland because of his lack of pace. Its a shame cus he could be top but he rarely gets to the byline.

10. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

Of course there is still no point in signing him just for pace, he needs to be able to.play as well lol

11. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Pilks can get to the by-line, Bedford, but it's not really his game. He's more like Hucks - beating the defender then cutting inside and scoring like he did against Sunderland or crossing into the penalty area. IMO, there is little point flinging cross after cross when there's only Holty and maybe Hoolahan to receive them. Personally, I think Pilks has been back to his best lately.

As for transfers, you could add the Danny Graham rumour from Swansea fans. I like Graham, but I hope CH has a Michu type striker hidden up his sleeve. Modou Sougou might also fit that role if he is going to stick with the present formation and strategy. Here's his Wiki site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modou_Sougou

12. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

Have to agree there. Saw him for Arsenal last night and he was bloody awful, mind you so were the whole team. I'm always wary of players who spend more time gelling their hair for conrol than controlling the football.

13. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

Agree about Graham, apart from possibly his age, as he looks the type who would fit straight into our lineup.

14. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Shola Ameobi will once again be seen in the ASDA car park in Norwich!

15. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Surely we can only buy if we sell as we already have a full squad of 25 and were also paying one player, who was not in the squad, until he went out on loan. If we buy who will we sell/pay wages for doing nothing?

16. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

We can refresh the 25 man squad in January, those that haven't featured can make way for any incoming newbies! <ok>

17. BillyNCFC

BillyNCFC Well-Known Member

Pretty sure we can expect Chrissy Martin to make way, it's one thing making the 25 man squad but being loaned to league 1 must put him off staying. Maybe Lappin from the 25 to leave as well unfortunately!

18. canary_max

as dave says, but to reduce the wage bill those who are not in the squad hopefully we can loan out or sell (some of that 25 are on loan now, e.g Chris Martin)
    If we can bring in better quality that improves the squad, then unfortunately some people will have to go.

19. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Agree entirely but my question was - who? This is particularly relevent as I do not think that all players sent out on loan, such as Lappin Ward and Martin, are on season long loans and can be sent back.

20. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Dont forget Morison has been linked to a host of championship clubs with £1.5mil move away!