1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread Not606 2016 German Grand Prix Chat and Predicitions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by taeleon, Jul 25, 2016.

?

Can Nico return fighting for his home Grand Prix or will someone else be standing on the top spot?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2016.
  1. Lewis Hamilton

41.2%
  2. Nico Rosberg

41.2%
  3. Daniel Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kimi Raikkonen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sebastian Vettel

17.6%
  6. Max Verstappen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Valtteri Bottas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Felipe Massa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (please state in bold in the thread)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Main change I want to see (among the many) is bloomin a shift back towards more mechanical grip. Races stay dull because nobody can pull right up on the car in front. Too worried about destroying tyres.

2. SgtBhaji

Chance to give the team members time to go on holiday with their families and recharge. Unless you work for Macca. Then it's 3 weeks hard labour in the sterile sweatshop. :p

3. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

General mate <ok>

Smithers likes this.
  4. Merino's Ballerina Feet

Merino's Ballerina Feet Well-Known Member

Another great win for Lewis.
    I'm slowly starting to hate Rosberg and is petulance.

5. SgtBhaji

I didn't notice him being petulant. He was a bit bummed in the interview with Buxton afterwards, but that's understandable.

6. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

Excellent. Pretty much every time I vote Rosberg, Hamilton wins.

7. Quagmireuk

Quagmireuk Active Member

Please keep voting Rosberg then... :)

Piebacca likes this.
  8. Merino's Ballerina Feet

Merino's Ballerina Feet Well-Known Member

I mean in general this season.

9. SgtBhaji

I don't think he's been out of order at any point. He seemed really confident early on and I thought we might be about to see a new him... but he's kinda gone back to normal form and I'm unsure if he was actually any better or Hamilton was still suffering from the championship #3 hangover. Not sure he's been petulent as such though. Maybe a little after Spain which he certainly had some responsibility for (watch out for me getting shot down for that one.) :)

10. 2xwdcslayer

2xwdcslayer Active Member

Well I can see Hertfordshire boy passing Prost's number of wins by the end of the season , which would put him second on the all time list . WOW. That is some achievement considering the calibre of teammates he has had. Tewin boy would be on at least 60 plus Gp wins by now if he had teammates of the standard of Patrese , Irvine , Barrichello and Webber. Next season he should pass Schumaher regards number of poles while cementing himself as a all time great.

Oh the race . Another Prost like drive from you know who , winning as slow as possible.

11. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the race more than last week's. There seemed to be quite a lot going on from second back for much of the race.

It's good that McLaren Honda do seem to have turned a corner now with some reliability and increasing pace across a range of circuits. Although I still think they are at least 2 seasons from winning, there does at least seem to be some light at the end of the tunnel. Interested to see what Singapore will be like for them, as this is probably their best chance for the rest of the year.

12. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

Harsh but fair.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2016/08/01/new-car-handling-characteristic-identified/#.V58GvEsVxBV

New car handling characteristic identified
    Posted in Motorsport, News by Sniff Petrol on Monday, August 1st, 2016

please log in to view this image

Nico Rosberg, yesterday

Alongside the familiar traits of understeer and oversteer, car dynamics experts have this week identified a new handling characteristic known as ‘Nicosteer’.

Nicosteer occurs when a car follows a wider than expected arc into a given corner as a result of the driver failing to turn the wheel enough and then pretending that he had a problem even though he didn’t.

‘In scientific terms, Nicosteer can be expressed as X = A + B ,’ explained car handling professor, Carl-Hans Dligprofeser. ‘Where X equals vehicle trajectory, A equals corner radius and B equals how much the driver is being a prick again.’

Road safety campaigners are urging motorists to be aware of situations that can cause Nicosteer, such as pissing away a commanding championship lead, being the kind of choker who gets caught out by wheelspin, and having too many passports.

‘I’ll certainly be looking out for the warning signs of Nicosteer,’ said F1 runner up Nico Rosberg. ‘And if it happens, I’ll be certain to lift off very slightly.’

13. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

14. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

Look at his steering wheel in that video. Honestly, he doesn't even begin to turn until he reaches the edge of the track. Can people see that this is not remotely the same as what Hamilton does?

dhel likes this.
  15. SgtBhaji

We really need to pull these posts out in to an alternate thread. Some good discussion and debate on this topic in here.

Smithers likes this.
  16. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Again interesting update. Nico receives 2 penalty points and Gro escapes penalties and points because he "out breaked himself" -

"Nico Rosberg has been given two penalty pointy by the stewards for forcing Max Verstappen off the track during the German Grand Prix.

The Mercedes driver also received a five-second time penalty for the incident which occured while he was trying to overtake the Red Bull.

The stewards ruled that Rosberg “forced car 33 off the track in turn six and gained a lasting advantage”.

Rosberg now has a total of four penalty points.

Romain Grosjean was cleared after being investigated for a similar incident at turn eight. The stewards ruled he “did not gain a lasting advantage from the incident and had out braked himself into turn eight”.

Just found this in relation to the Barca incident on F1 fanatic, pretty neutral and probably reflects the stewards thoughts. This suggests a penalty not being given because a driver is out of control and is similar to the theory of a driver "attempting" or "trying" and therefore not fully culprable. It's not fact just a speculative piece but food for thought.

"Hamilton had lost the lead to Rosberg at turn one when the race began and was trying to repass his team mate at turn four when the pair made contact.

The stewards have announced the incident will be investigated after the race. It is likely to have far-reaching implications for the team as the pair are leading the world championship.

Who do you think was responsible?

Nico Rosberg
    Rosberg clearly came out of turn three slower than Hamilton and chose to come off the racing line to defend his position. He pulled all the way to the inside of the corner, leaving no space for Hamilton to pass him on the inside.

Lewis Hamilton
    Hamilton committed himself to trying to pass Rosberg on the inside but as his team mate used the full width of the track he drove onto the grass. That loss of control sent his Mercedes spinning into his team mate’s car.

I say
    Rosberg’s defensive move was very firm, but it was not sudden and it was not unpredictable: it was a clear, consistent change of direction. Hamilton should have expected he was not going to be given a clear run down the inside of the approaching corner.

Hamilton didn’t hit Rosberg deliberately: he lost control when his car went on the grass. But he had the option of backing out of the move. That’s why I hold Hamilton primarily responsible."

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  17. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Edit: Pointless and will be misinterpreted in the ever PC world we live in.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  18. SgtBhaji

Something
    I think we live outside the PC bubble here. I'm sure whatever it was was just fine. :)

Smithers likes this.
  19. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just tried to shift 70-odd posts to a new thread and the site won't let me for some reason. Will try again tomorrow.

20. SgtBhaji

Computer says no and all that.