1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not Clinical enough?

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by Ulster Lion, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

After this game against Middlesborough losing 3-2 after being 1-0 up, I have to say we aren't clinical enough or defend well enough yet. We have numerous games with tons of corners and shots usually off-target but this game it appears 2/3rds on target yet still lose and with 15 corners and nothing from them questions have to be asked. I know it's early in the season but we are slipping up on points that would be there for some quality in defence too I would add.

Middlesborough did take their fewer chances and the quality shows. If we had similar quality probably would have won by 4 or 5 goals at a guess.

Disappointed that we threw the points today but have been monitoring the situation of late and we don't put the chances away enough. KJ can't work miracles and it's up to the players but who to sign is another question?

2. SeaLion

SeaLion Member

It's been the same story all season as far as goal scoring is concerned. Our percentage of goals scored in comparison th chances created must be one of the lowest in the Championship. All our strikers, including Morison, have a high proportion of missed chances. We could have at least 10 more points and be well within the top 6 if we had turned more of our chances into goals. I notice Schofield wasn't even on the bench today. Is he injured or completely out of favour?

3. Showoff

Showoff Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Up till today we had the longest home win run in the Championship. It has to end somewhere. On a good note, I hear that the 'ugliest player in the world' scored a blinder today and looks good.

We all said at the beginning of the season that mid-table would be good, we're doing better than that. Keep the faith.

4. MFC_Lion

MFC_Lion Well-Known Member

Rooney scored last week mate <ok>

5. Showoff

Showoff Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Rooney looks nearly human in comparison.

6. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

<rofl><rofl><rofl>

7. benwall

benwall Member

Things seem to go a bit pear-shaped whithout Tam in the team :confused:

8. West_Upper_Lion

We had more than enough chances to win and were piss poor in defense.

Purse and robbo can't play together as they are both as quick as oil tankers are at stopping.

Their 2nd was defo offside as Lita is a yard or two offside in the box and clearly interferring with play.

**** result tbh