1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not a game

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by BrightredRickster, Mar 9, 2017.

1. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Steve Lansdown
    We assume that you do love this club.
    Certainly you have spent a small fortune on a stadium fit for the Championship, and a squad that should hold its own in this division.
    But many are unconvinced of your true feelings towards Bristol City, because you are running it into the ground by your support for the kid Johnson.
    If you truly do love this club, and it hasn't become just some perverse game for rich tycoons to brag about on their yachts in the harbour at Cannes, and if you want to connect with the Bristol and West public who spend their hard earned cash on filling your nice new stadium instead of alienating them from you and your club, their club, then pleaseā€¦
    Spend a little bit more, kick out the work experience kid, and bring in a hard core, full-on, dyed-in-the-wool football manager, one with a pedigree that is unimpeachable from the top end of the food chain, and give him the reins to run the club his way.
    Because your way does not work...

2. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Bravo and well said but Lansdown will never capitulate to public opinion or change his unique approach to destroying a great football club - mine! Sad facts of life regrettably and I think the backlash, with the majority wondering what the hell he is trying to do, could be much worse than he could possibly imagine and even then I doubt that he will get either the point or the message being sent. What a wally.