1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, May 6, 2017.

1. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

2. rajman

rajman Active Member

The team needs to have a bit of a rebuild. I don't think there is enough experience in the squad or creativity. We have been left behind by a host of teams, who have stronger squads. Recruitment needs to be spot on. I'm afraid that the number of teams who will no doubt invest in their teams over the summer will leave us further behind. So we will need to invest a decent amount for 2-3 quality players, or look for quality youngsters in the loan market. (Like Abraham and Assamblonga ) We should not be finishing below the likes of Brentford, Preston , Bristol C and Barnsley.

3. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

This was my comments on the article that 999's put up about Holloway in Nov last year.

"Good read 999's. Fingers crossed for better football and results. But at least it should be fun."

I was WRONG on ALL 3. I don't hold out much hope for next season at the moment.

QPR999 and QPR Oslo like this.
  4. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

More Ollie BS - so 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 would have still been acceptable?

Based on his performance for us this season, the honourable thing would be for him to resign (as he has done before) and we could then plan and start next season with a clean slate.

QPR boss Ian Holloway:

"I am not going to be critical of the lads out there today, because they tried their best, but they were nowhere near Norwich.

"We were beaten by a better side, a better club at the moment, and we have to accept that.

"We gave some of their best players far too much room and they could have scored more goals than they did."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39760410

5. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

An honest assessment by Ollie but way too passive for a man who was bright in to put fire in the belly of players and fans alike.

6. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

JFh was pep g compared to Holloway

QPR Oslo likes this.
  7. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

In other words, our players are clueless and didn't even try. <laugh>:emoticon-0109-kiss::emoticon-0136-giggl<doh>

We didn't have to let 4 goals in. 4! We couldn't have just parked the bus and defended? At least then may be we would have only let 1 goal in. But 4? They didn't even try.

8. qpherts

This club takes one step forward n 3 back n will continue to do so as long as this board/dof are here!!

9. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

It is definitely very disappointing to lose 7 of the last 8 matches and am now very pleased that our season is over.

I will see what team we have in August and will assess performance based upon the first months.

The facts are that we need to improve.

Didley Squat likes this.
  10. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

What a season to forget.

NorwayRanger and UTRs like this.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

What season?

NorwayRanger and Hoops Eternal like this.
  12. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Just back. That performance was shocking and we just about limped over the line this season. This season has been a disaster.
    Holloway and Ferdinand need to go. Ferdinand won't bring in anyone who will challenge him or threaten his position (e.g. Nigel Pearson). No passion from the team today, next season we'll be relegated unless something major changes.

13. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Nigel Pearson is a headcase.

14. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Rubbish about Ferdinand, you have no idea what he does or how he does it, the fact that behind the scenes he has been instrumental in making us a more stable, sustainable club must have been lost on you. Yes the managerial appointments haven't worked out but there was at least reasonable logic behind each. And if you think Pearson is a sensible choice you must be as mad as him. It's been a rotten season on the pitch but changing manager and sacking DoF would be lunatic at this stage. I'm not convinced Ollie can take us forward but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully a solid pre-season will provide dividends.

15. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Last game of the season, away with nothing to play for (on both sides) would usually result in a loss for most teams. I'd also bet that most teams lose their next game after guaranteeing survival.

For me, it's the same side that can top the form table either side of a very bleak run. The confidence in the team has been fragile and it has shown by our barren stretches. There is something to work with in that young side and Ollie hasn't lost the dressing room so more drastic changes over the Summer would be a bad move IMO.

I honestly feel optimistic about our current squad even with only 2-3 additions and sticking with the manager.

16. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Bookmarking this for May 2018 :grin::grin::emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

qpherts likes this.
  17. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Were you there today?
    Pearson is mad I agree but so is Holloway.
    Are we more stable under Ferdinand? We just avoided relegation thanks to a couple of teams worse than us. We are totally unstable and will go down next season as we are. He's had the benefit of the doubt and has failed. - the stats are there.

qpherts likes this.
  18. qpherts

Those overpriced season tickets will be flying off the shelves!!

19. Ciarrai_Abu

6 teams below us. How sh1t they must be.

20. Ciarrai_Abu

Has someone a spilt of the season between under JFH and IO?