1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich City v Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I'd need to see it again - I thought Olsson had slipped/stumbled before the ball got to Sears (otherwise it would have been a comfortable interception and not even a chance). He was all over the shop once Sears had touched it as I recall <ok>

2. ColkOfTheBarclay

ColkOfTheBarclay Well-Known Member

I think Olsson was stretching to cut the ball out but just missed it, so his momentum and balance was going the wrong way. Sears had a pretty simple job of cutting inside, just lucky for us he over did it slightly and Ruddy was quick off his line!

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Olson got done and your keeper did very well.

Sears messed up a first touch by a quickly taken Tabb freekick second half.

End of the day, you entertain Wigan and we go to Leeds tomorrow. Work for both to do.

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Credit to whoever just came up with this on twitter - genius <laugh> <applause>
    please log in to view this image

5. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

This week I'd have thought you want a few townies to take the piss out of...............so why the Bans??

Maybe I missed some abysmal behaviour which justified said Banning orders but it seems a little petty imo..

7. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

This is the way I saw it and again on the Player highlights. I was impressed with Sears, who will bring a new dimension to Ipswich's play. He also had a stinging shot from distance.

8. ColkOfTheBarclay

He was the highlight for Ipswich. Only player that looked up for it. I think MM missed a trick by trying to play down the Derby, both times. There was a distinct lack of passion from Ipswich, home and away. Norwich always seem to get players that really buy into the area and love the rivalry! Can't remember the last Ipswich player who seemed to genuinely care about their cause.

9. RiverEndRick

Mings seemed up for it, and Varney when he came on, but not much in the others though and Murphy looked decidedly ordinary.

10. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Yet I have seen some Town fans hammering the pair of them, especially Varney.

Mings has taken a fair bit of stick on here in the last two days, i.e. being a thug and ****ty attitude, but I have liked what I have seen from him in both games against us. Still not worth £10m mind.

11. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

Mings style doesn't help. He struts around like billy big bollocks and frankly doesn't have too much ability. He got 'done' two or three times on Sunday and just cynically fouled his man with a big smirk on his face. He didn't really care. He's ok; promising; but nothing more and the raving about him is down to his physical attributes more than anything. The figures being quoted in January were laughable. He's a £1m player at this moment in time - nothing more than that. His predecessor Cresswell was a better player, albeit older and more rounded in his game. Still a good find by Ipswich considering he was at Chippenham Town I think. But big clubs seem willing to take huge financial risks on young (English) players in the 'hope' that one or two pay off. I don't think anyone who spends money on Mings (if they do) will be particularly happy with their investment when they first see him. Rough diamond? Rough, that's for sure! Diamond? Don't see it myself but time will tell.

12. RiverEndRick

My point was not about their skills, but their competitiveness, considering it was a derby. Mings shows promise, but has a way to go to realise it.

13. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

He'll still be playing at best Championship football in 5 years. There is nothing there to develop.

14. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

I think what has to be realised is that we are a team that has been punching above its weight this season and MM has to take a lot of credit for that. I've seen us play some poor football as well as dominate games this season. What we do is work hard to make up for lack of quality at times. It's true that Sears has been a revelation as well as Murphy this season. If we could just sort out our midfield.

I honestly think top 2 is there for the taking for you guys this season, especially with your current form. I just hope we can pull off something special and both of us get promoted.

RiverEndRick and DHCanary like this.
  15. ColkOfTheBarclay

This is why I've been confused by MM playing down the Derbies. Norwich clearly have the better quality, but if the Ippy players were really playing for the pride of the fans, they might have been that bit sharper, that bit quicker into the tackles. As it was they competed, sure, but never really looked like they were that fussed.

Maybe he was just doing it so Ippy fans wouldn't be too disheartened by another 2 loses this year!