1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich City v Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Seen one Norwich game, yesterday, and thought you were good in spells and did all you needed to.

Considering you're a Norwich fan, quite dedicated to watching the Ipswich aren't you. Infact, Brighton away wasn't on sky, so did you either go to the ground or stream us!?

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Well if the last few pages don't deter new Norwich posters from signing up nothing will! Talk about round and round the candlestick! <steam>

End of the day, we were poor, you were worse and the referee was brilliant! End of! <ok>

Guru of Ipswich, KIO and ncgandy like this.
  3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Westy mate you're wasting your time arguing with Supers he is the most biased Budgie on this board. If you had a headache he would claim to have a brain tumor just to out do you. That's the sort of bloke he is! <ok>

4. Westlake33

Wigan away was a Monday sky game and you're right we took f all there.

5. Westlake33

Does feel a bit like that Warky to be honest I'm always fair with us when we're crap I admit it when we're quiet I admit it when the ref favours the opposition it does my head in when the ref favours us I cannot work out why. I am not blinkered!

Guru of Ipswich likes this.
  6. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

I'm sure atmospheres at derby games in the distant past were far more raucous than these days. Its not the same today. It's not even as good as it was 20 years ago. But that was a cracking atmosphere yesterday created by the home fans. Having been all around the country watching football, you won't get much better than that in all seater stadium.

7. Westlake33

" But that was a cracking atmosphere yesterday created by the home fans. "

Summed up in a nutshall, gonna give our lot zero credit. Get your blinkers off.

The best thing about atmosphere at Carrow Road, which is why the atmosphere will ALWAYS be better at Portman Road is by having the away fans by the noisiest home section, the Barclay. They have them the wrong way around at Portman Road.

8. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

I heard it on the TV supers. <ok>

9. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

I must have watched a stream. Perhaps we weren't playing. I watch football at loads of levels in different countries and it doesn't bother me who is playing. Probably influenced to watch it by the Hughton factor.

10. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

You said yourself you lot made no noise after the goal went in. I am commenting about the game as a whole. There was good banter for the opening twenty minutes or so - we got little back after that.

11. Guru of Ipswich

you really do talk some **** sometimes supers. I would be carefully because you might disappear up your own ass soon.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  12. Westlake33

First 20 was cracking I will agree with you there.

I was embarrassed by our lot going quiet as soon as you scored. You certainly did a bit more than us first half after!

Second I thought you seemed nervous until the second went in. I thought we definitely edged the second until 2-0 atmosphere, then the glory boys your end were on fire from 2-0 game over. Hey ho it's irrlevant I just didn't think it was as good as previous ones. I'm sure on the concourses your end / trains it was buzzing like it was with us. Unreal!

Can you imagine if we play you in the play offs!?

13. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Well this has certainly proven to be the most popular match thread to date anyway, this is the 573rd post ! <laugh>

14. Westlake33

Guru if you check the list of games he's watched, we've not been very good in most mate!!!!!

15. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is what perplexes me with this 'attitude' shown by many on here (as well as the whole site)

Why the need to 'announce' it every time anyone decides to ignore someone. Quite the oxymoron I'm sure you'll agree :emoticon-0105-wink:

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  16. Westlake33

One thing that did make us all laugh was the announcement of an all seater record attendance at Carrow Road!!!!!

Surely you felt that embarrassing aswell !!??!?!? Laughable!

17. Westlake33

King it's a bit like the " I'm never drinking again " .............. pretty sure you will !

18. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

One thing that did make me laugh was when the Barclay started chanting "Your ground's to big for you" <laugh>

19. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

Oh we were nervous all right! No team likes to play under a barrage of high balls, especially in that wind. It only needed a ricochet or deflection and it could have been 1-1. As soon as the 2nd goal went in it was game over. You have no goals in your team if Murphy isn't getting service. We all relaxed when that flukey second went in.

And no. I couldn't cope with a play off tie. I'd probably have a heart attack.

20. Guru of Ipswich

yeah but if we beat barca, supers would say we were ****! <laugh>