1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Northampton Vs Gillingham - patchy70 prediction league

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Apr 23, 2017.

1. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

Yeah good luck to both of you

2. allbluelenny

3. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Good luck patchy. I will go for Cobblers 2-2 Gills (O'Toole 2, McDonald, Wright)

4. allbluelenny

I will not make a prediction but hope it all go,s well and we are still in Div ! next season and NO crowd trouble, it is not worth it

5. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Well I went slightly different to you bristol407. Knew I had to catch up so tried to guess what you'd put and put a different result regardless of my 'actual' thoughts:
    Northampton 2-3 Gillingham (O'Toole, Richards - Cody x 2, Wright)

6. brb

brb CR250

I confirm this is what I received via Twitter.

patchy70 likes this.
  7. DebbieA

DebbieA Well-Known Member

Northampton 1-1 Gillingham ( Richards, Wright )

8. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Northampton 1 - 2 Gillingham (Macdonald, Wright)

Do I truly believe in what I've just written? No, not really, but despite all the (highly justified) doom mongering that has increased in intensity over the past few weeks, we are obliged as true supporters to possess an irrational blind faith and hope that defies all logic and sense until the facts convince us otherwise. Did Sunderland supporters really think before 3pm yesterday that they actually could survive in the Premiership? Do Middlesborough supporters still truly believe they can stay up? And on a very similar situation to our own (although actually even more precarious) does Jeff Stelling truly believe that Hartlepool will avoid the drop into the National League? Answers to all 3, probably no. But will they go and support their team in the hope that a miracle occurs - of course. We don't need miracles, our survival is in our own hands, or, heaven help us, in the hands of 14 players and Ady Pennock. But regardless of the result all I want to hear, preferably from alwaysright and not necessarily Pennock, is that regardless of the result the team for once left everything on the pitch, to use a phrase I don't particularly like, but nevertheless which is appropriate.

I hope we'll stay up as for me the opportunities to get to matches in L1 are more than those on L2 (although Accrington's always fun, in a masochistic sort of way), but what will be will be.

Good luck to all those who have travelled, and thanks to patchy for running this for another season, despite the fact that my performance has closely matched that of the team. The only difference is that I (probably) won't get relegated.

brb likes this.
  9. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Tim
    In answer to your question - the side at Northampton played reasonably well ( there were obvious nerves ). We commanded much of the game - but quality in several areas was in short supply - but at least they 'tried'.
    We do need a huge overhaul of much of the squad if we are not to be in the same position next season -- and I'm really glad not to be going to Accrington again - an awful ground.

patchy70 and itstimupnorth like this.