1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Non league

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, May 7, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Just checked in to see whats going on in non league and I notice FGR are in the play off final vs Tranmere! Should be a good final. 2nd vs 3rd. Wonder if FGR will finally make it or will Tranmere rejoin the football league!

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Hopefully from my point of view it will be the Trannies, I have never been a great lover of FGR and I dont like to see long standing football league clubs floundering in that division.

old timer likes this.
  3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would prefer FGR out of the two but I'm not all that bothered about any other English club to be honest

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Mostly their own fault at the end of the day nobody showed us any symphony when we went down so not in the slightest bit bothered about clubs that end up their :emoticon-0148-yes:

5. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Personally I would prefer to see Tranmere come up. (a) I think they are the much better team and deserve promotion more, (b) it will give us the chance to avenge the defeat at the old Wembley - my first ever trip to Wembley, and Tranmere ruined my big day out by beating us!, and (c) I can't bloody stand FGR - think they're cocky, arrogant and over rated. Sorry, but that's how I feel about them.

6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

No matter what the result, another Rovers will join the EFL...

7. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Well done to FGR <applause>

8. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Fair play to FGR. Not their biggest fan but sounds like they deserved the win today. Will be interesting to see how they get on next season. Glad I didn't put my money where my mouth is - was convinced Tranmere would make it to league 2!

9. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I read that their chairman / Owner ? is saying that it will be easy for them to get into League One, probably a little tongue in cheek, three automatic spots as opposed to just the one but we will all have to wait and see on that.

10. EGLL Gas

EGLL Gas Well-Known Member

History says, a lot of teams go straight through Div 2 (4) with mainly the same players & the winning momentum, The problem is getting into & staying in the Championship (I know Burton have, but that's more due to the way "bigger" clubs have been run, or not !!!!)
    Most of the "smaller clubs" struggle with stadium facilities, players budgets/contracts (where have we seen that before !!!!), etc etc

11. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I presume that the owner of FGR doesn't think that the other clubs want promotion because if it was that easy why did Portsmouth and Plymouth find it so difficult

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I cant see them doing that well next season. Lincoln on the other hand, they could finish top 7.