1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

How? Capacity for away fans has reduced. Also why have they ever been bothered about ticket (or any revenue)? If the motivation was about raising revenue, wht did they make it so difficult for groups to find alternatives?

2. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Wonder how many nip into higher priced zones? Has anyone actually had their ticket checked?

Newland Tiger likes this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

And did Adam tell you he over exaggerated how many FC fans were doing it also.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

No, why, did he tell you?

5. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Which is why I never once got on his back about anything; he did a job no-one wanted, he knew the players and between them they started okay. But some of us knew why.

When he became the boss, officially, and more saw his limitations. But some of us already knew them.

The only thing Phelan has pissed me off with is accepting the Sky gig.

****ing shallow arsehole - he had no respect, just a selfish take anything attitude. We're well rid.

6. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

There was an opportunity, but it wasn't favoured, fair enough. But this is excatly what my suggestion was all about. Maybe it will happen, as the vitriol and unnecessary criticism on here isn't necessarily a token of how the Trust really thinks.

I used a magnanimous gesture and taking the high ground. I was told that he had lost the high ground. Let's see how these signings and a few results might sway that. Not everyone wades through mud. Do the same thing, get the same results.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I have to say in the beginning I was one that didn't think he could make the step up, and was temperately persuaded by the first 2 games and the way we were playing. He was never going to be a manager that took us forward, just a stop gap until we hoped new owners would come in.

In the end it proves beyond doubt that he is only a number two, sadly he doesn't see that.

Howden Tigress and Fez like this.
  8. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

This is something I have put my hands up to before and, now, as things are changing, I feel honesty is important.

I hated the name change and argued for our name on all banners - I don't regret that, I still hate it.

I argued, strongly, against the lies, the deceit and the manipulation - I don't regret that, I still hate it.

I couldn't understand the outcry over the movement of supporters. I sit where I can get a ticket, but will be choosey. I thought there were bigger fights to be fought. To be fair, DMD and myself were too busy arguing about Straw Men; I just didn't get it, it had no hold on my life.

I was wrong, very wrong and I have apologised for it, previously.

As you do, I discussed it with my local mates. They call a spade a spade. I listened, not just to their logic, but to their passion. Something that had passed me by. Then I began to understand.

Please, I'm not a totally daft lad, I've just come to my home club in a different way to some (most of you?).

I would love to have a night on the piss with EA, to try and get this across. Or, if all else fails, dig him.

9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Times and circumstances change. Credit and respect for the honesty. :emoticon-0150-hands

Howden Tigress likes this.
  10. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

You're not a daft lad. You've not been a lad for quite a few years :p

This line from your post really hit home btw: "I've just come to my home club in a different way to some (most of you?)". I think a lot lose sight of that.

Not everyone lives in and was raised in the fair city of Ull, or even in the local area. We all have our reasons for supporting the club, and also all have different levels or even types of attendance (by this I mean I'm quiet, ish, at games - I shout at the ref a bit, but generally am completely fixated on the game, my mates moan a lot, 1 sings a lot). We all react to different things differently. One of my personal pet hates is jumping to conclusions or reading something without any substance on initial appearance, and just going with it.

We're a diverse bunch for sure, and that can be overlooked on a forum when we all appear similar.

11. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You're Happy, I'm curmudgeonly; we're not similar.

Arriving in Durham as I write. Thank ****. :emoticon-0105-wink:

12. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I moved to the North Stand and I hate it and love it.

I hate the fact that the lack of cartlidge in my ankles makes standing for a match painfull.

Meeting up with mates, the banter and the atmosphere are things that I love.

Would I after several more seasons be upset if I had to move.

Yes but there again I might be to short by then to see the game anyway.

13. Girt Bucket

Girt Bucket Well-Known Member

Put a cushion on the seat , & sit higher up in the stand. Enjoy.

14. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

I think at the next home game there should be banners in Mandarin saying new owners are welcome here.

15. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Ah.

It's an act.

Sort of.
    How the hell do you go diving then? Not so much when you're in the water, but just getting to it with all the gear on, must be bloody horrible!

16. The Omega Man

I kit up as near the entry point as possible. The gear, plus air cylinder and weights adds up to over 54kg. Places like Chesil beach where it is a cobble bank that is very loose and very steep, I carry my kit down in stages and I crawl out of the surf on my hands and knees. I struggle to walk up the bank without kit on as it is so loose I cannot get a footing. It is reallying tough.

It may appear that I am struggling to get out of the water, but it is really the best way. Top heavy, with a loose surface under foot, with waves pushing you, it is very hard to just walk out.

Standing on concrete is harder on my ankles. 30 years of field hockey has destroyed my ankles. Sand based astro pitches buggered me up. Knees and lower back are all damaged. On plus side I have a strong heart and good blood pressure.

Scuba diving is worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2017
    Happy Tiger likes this.
  17. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

I haven't really been following this conversation within this owner thread.
    I read the first line and wondered what Board I was on.

18. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

<laugh>
    When reading this board I sometimes wonder what planet I'm on...

19. Stan City Rocker

Stan City Rocker Active Member

WTF?!

20. The Omega Man

WTF?!

I answered this question "How the hell do you go diving then? Not so much when you're in the water, but just getting to it with all the gear on, must be bloody horrible!"

If you followed this forum for any length of time, you may know that I used to SIT in the West Stand Upper, but I could not renew my season pass there and moved to the North Stand. The thread had drifted into the forced moves, we have had more than just one. East stand to North Stand and West Stand Upper to wherever you could get in to.
    I have posted plenty of times about how it is painful to stand for a full match, but I do it. Posters on here also know that one of my other interests is Scuba diving. So what is your problem.

Actually, "What The ****" am I doing justifying my post to someone with 61 posts in nearly 3 years, who's main contribution to this thread is "WTF?!".