1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No Answers

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Oct 29, 2016.

1. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

That's true but the real difference between an ordinary player and a special one is consistency. Someone like Iniesta plays at Eriksen's top level pretty much all the time. I do think the coaching team can help with things like this but its a long term project not a magic fix.

Citizen Kane and SpursDisciple like this.
  2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Like for like with last season Spurs are down 1 pt, better on GA but worse on GF.
    That aside, even though much better play is possible, things do have the feel of
    AVB 2013-14 IMHO (up near the top of the table but not much emphatic play) .

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

It was obvious tonight what the problem was when we watching from up high at Wembley.
    It's not Wembley ... it is our insistence on continuously taking stupid short free kicks in our half and then going backwards which allows the opposition to press us into giving the ball away.
    It happened the whole match and if fans can see it so can other teams coaches.
    We need a plan B.
    We chipped and lobbed passes in our half and across our penalty area are making the team nervous and sulking our confidence.
    The other thing we need is for Pochettino to stop ****ing around with playing the wrong players in the wrong positions. It's like he is trying to show how clever he is...it is beginning to resemble those stupid formations by Redknapp when he screwed up our season auditioning for the England manager.

4. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

We could do alot worse than Berbatov

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04dzns3

5. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Berbatov was my favourite Spurs player of the last 20 years. I'm not saying he was the BEST Spurs player, although he was pretty close, i just loved the way he played.
    Having said that, he behaved like a twat and is past it now. 35 isn't that old in the grand scheme of things but i don't think he's one of those players that has the added motivation to compete into the autumn of their careers.

6. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

I don't think I agree with that RCL. The best way of dealing with a high press is to pass round it. But if we have a few players off form has happened on Wednesday this looks very risky. I don't think its any better to boot the ball up field.
    I found the negativity of some of the supporters around me very irritating. Kept asking for crosses to be pumped in then every time one was, they complained about its quality. They were very critical of Davies and Sissoko to the extent that when Davies went down injured near the end they thought it was a good thing despite us having used all there subs!

7. remembercolinlee

I don't think we should just hoof it but rather that we should mix it up and have several options available so that we are not predictable. Me and my daughter called every goal kick pass out on Wednesday night. When it is that predictable it is easy for the opposition to pressure us. We also need to pass the ball much quicker, which involves everyone being available to receive a pass ... this scares the opposition and makes them drop off but we failed to do these things.

I fully agree about the negativity aspect. Thousands left from the 75th min onwards and some booed at the end both of which I do not get.
    I found the whole poor, particularly Sissoko (who imo is completely the wrong signing for us) but to give them **** during the match is clearly counter productive.

8. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

He was never a great athlete. He never had great pace or great energy - but plenty between his ears (in a football sense at least). That shouldn't be diminished at 35.

Fantastic season for Utd in 2010-11. 3 hat-tricks (including Liverpool) and the Golden Boot.

Worth a punt.

9. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

No, but i bet his effort is. And for a player that hardly put in max effort in his prime that is not worth a punt, imo

10. remembercolinlee

The way Berbatov left means I never want that prick to ever wear a spurs shirt again.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.

11. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I'll give Berba some credit for turning out for Ledders' testimonial.

12. remembercolinlee

Fair enough....

Still a prick though <laugh>

13. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

David Pleat told me that Berbatov was very close to rejoining us a couple of seasons ago. Apparently a deal was pretty much agreed, then Levy pulled out at the last minute without giving Berabatov's agent any reason.

14. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

So, we could have had Joao Moutinho and Beratov. Instead we signed Adebayor, Dempsey and Holtby and finished a point behind Arsenal. Now, I'm depressed more than Wednesday night. Well, sort of.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  15. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Pretty impressive, especially when you consider how many changes we've made at the back.
    Lloris was injured at the start, Alderweireld picked one up when he came back and we've rotated a lot.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  16. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

My main question is why they let Flavor Flav rename OGC Nice...

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  17. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

1. Munich (who have the oppo playing primarily in their own third) , and Atletico
    (who have a very defensive philosophy) are in that list

2. The Spurs GA from open play is so low.

and most importantly ...

3. that the picture shows a Spurs defender in action this season
    against the most attackingest forward ... in the world. Ever.