1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nick Cruwys

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Mar 10, 2015.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great to see Nic at the training ground today and Troy handing over a season ticket for him and his wife.

Anyone know how to get Vine clips onto here? Although it is in the list of videos you can post, I cannot find out how.

Markthehorn likes this.
  2. jerzeypie

jerzeypie Member

Also great to hear him say he would be going to the away games aswell

oldfrenchhorn likes this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Deleted 1 likes this.
  4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

5. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

6. yorkshirehornet

7. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<applause> Thanks Yorkie and OFH :)

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

aberdeenhornet and Hornet-Fez like this.
  9. yorkshirehornet

Yes very touching... and here's hoping he can recover ever more.....

10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

It must be very difficult for him. He was clearly lost for words about how he was progressing and seems to be just another normal Watford fan. (I know the accent whenever I come over) To be thrust into a spotlight in the way that he has been, to receive the support he has from the fund, (thank you Wolves fan) to know that he brought so many people together, must be quite difficult to handle. I also wish him every bit of luck in the future, he has been through enough.

11. yorkshirehornet

Message from Ollie:

Dear All,

With it now being just over five months since Nic was attacked, I thought it seemed an appropriate time to provide an update. I apologise for not being able to post more regular updates, but with an investigation and court case ongoing, it can be difficult to find the right words without potentially harming either of those. Once again, I would like to issue a huge thank you to everyone who has been involved in this fund for Nic, as it has been great for him and his family in providing stability at what must have been the toughest time of their lives.

As goes Nic's condition, he is making very good progress. He's is now having speech and occupational therapy as he tries to regain a normal life. Nic now lives at home with his wife and two children after months of treatment in various different hospitals. It is hoped that Nic will be able to return to work at some stage, but it is not yet known whether this will be possible, given the nature of his injuries.

Early last week, Nic appeared on Sky Sports News, where he was presented two Watford season tickets by Club Captain, Troy Deeney; a special touch by Watford FC. Despite what has happened, Nic doesn't waver in his support of the hornets and travelled to Everton for the first game of the season, where Watford came home with a 2-2 draw. On the same day as this Television appearance, I'm pleased to say that six people were charged in connection with the attack, which pleases the family, following the hard work of the police over the past months.

With the donations understandably slowing down over the close season, it's given me an opportunity to start going back through everything and all the contributions people have made along the way. There are way too many people to thank (so I apologise if I have missed you out), but I would just like to highlight a few people who have made an outstanding contribution in my eyes:

Firstly, I would like to thank the Golden Lion Pub, who have raised in excess of £1,500 for Nic, following their fundraising event held for him. I would also like to thank everyone at 'Cinnamon Square' in Rickmansworth, following the sale of their '#fornicforpromotion' cupcakes which raised an incredible £600! A special mention must as well go to 12-year-old Casey Evans, who remarkably raised over £200 by selling loom bands outside Vicarage Road! We should also show our gratitude to BT Sports Pundit, Jake Humphrey, who's persistence in sharing the page as well as CCTV evidence of the attackers via social media will have gone a long way to raising this money for Nic, whilst also spreading awareness of the investigation.

Last, but by no means least, I would like to thank all of Nic's family; his wife, Jodie and brother, Chris especially. At a time when they will have undoubtedly been going through unbelievable pain, they have been incredible to me, in providing updates on Nic's condition and allowing me to post these on the page. It also goes without saying just how thankful we all are of Watford FC and Wolverhampton Wanderers FC for all they have done to support Nic and his family through this period, as well as helping out with the fund and the investigation into the incident.

Thanks again. You're all incredible!

Ollie x

Ollie with Nic:
    3627484_1439222908.nick6121_updates.jpg

I am just blown away by all that has happened here..... <applause>

Markthehorn and aberdeenhornet like this.
  12. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Remarkable young man, let's hope he gets National recognition for this even though he will not want it!

Markthehorn likes this.
  13. yorkshirehornet

<applause>

14. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Beaten to it by Dave - just think Ollie is incredible as well.

15. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

16. Saxet

Saxet Well-Known Member

The whole 'not naming' accused because they are under 16 is a crock of bull IMHO. And not just in the case of Nick Cruwys.

At 14 you are a young adult and fully aware of your actions and the possible consequences. If you can't do the time and the infamy that comes with it - then don't do the crime.

And just as an aside - if this crime were committed here (Texas), these mugs would be looking at attempted murder charges. And some very serious jail time if found guilty.

brian_66_usa likes this.
  17. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Once proven guilty. Not before.

Deleted 1 likes this.
  18. yorkshirehornet

19. yorkshirehornet

20. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

2 years, is that all for attempted murder?