1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nice to meet you again.

Discussion in 'Preston' started by Ron, Jun 6, 2011.

1. lilywhite forever

Good morning Lioner <ok>

Good to hear that you think the same as the Norwich, Charlton, Saints fans etc

I really thought Wednesday would breeze it last season, had money on it but they well and truly screwed up, and while a lot of North End fans feel we will bounce straight back up, I think it'll be much tougher than they think! Although we aren't a big club, a lot of teams in L1 will see us as a scalp because of the fact we've been relatively successful in our time playing in the Championship. Four play offs and a couple of near misses is an achievement in most clubs books.

Always enjoyed our games against yourselves too...I can imagine your favourite being the play off game at Deepdale after Billy Davies' stupid "Job Done" comments <doh>
    Obviously the 4-6 at your place stands out for us Northenders but if I look back, I think it bought Darren Ferguson some time. He was on the brink at that time I think and had we lost he would have gone shortly after. Alas, he's gone now thankfully, and we are plying our trade down in L1 because of him.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Brentford away, it's still the best away day IMO <cheers> Loved it last time I went there...can't remember most of it though!! <laugh>

Good luck next season Lioner <ok>

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Evening all. If any of you good folk are interested at all in horse racing you are very welcome to enter our Royal Ascot competition on the horse racing forum. Basically you have an imaginary £1,000 bank to use how you like through the meeting. You are of course welcome to join in on any of our football competitions once we establish what they will be, and any other types of amusement we might concoct. We like a bit of fun.

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

It will be tough but Phil Brown's a much better manager than people give him credit for just because they remember his fake tan and karaoke exploits. I mean you got Ricardo Gardner on loan when you were in the relegation zone for Christ's sake! Just shows what good links he has, plus he seems to be on the ball tactically with his little earpiece telling him how to win games. And yeah, every win against Billy Davies feels extra special after the 'job done' debacle. :D

4. MBUWWFC

MBUWWFC Member

There is one other Preston/Wycombe link at present. I remember us having Andy Lonergan on loan at Adams Park for a while, he looked good but unfortunately had to return to Preston early due to injury.

5. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

What's the betting first match of the season will be Wycombe v Preston

6. lilywhite forever

You've a better memory than me MBU :)

I don't remember him going to Wycombe. I do remember him going on loan somewhere though, I thought it was Darlington, somewhere like that. I'm probably wrong though, my memory usually proves me wrong anyway <laugh>

maclad <ok>
    Seems like we're tempting fate and you could well be right :) <ok>

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

45/1?

8. MBUWWFC

MBUWWFC Member

I double checked my facts with the player himself on twitter. He says Wycombe were a good club with good fans :)

9. MBUWWFC

MBUWWFC Member

Made 2 appearances for us in 2005 when we had a few loan keepers in. I also remember Iain Turner and Matt Duke appearing in goal for us.

10. lilywhite forever

<laugh> <laugh>

11. lilywhite forever

Not doubting your facts MBU <ok>

Just my grey cells don't work the same anymore <laugh>

I reckon Lonners was probably spot on with his assessment of your fans. You lot on here seem to be a decent bunch. It's good to have a cross board chat with fans of other clubs without it getting stupid and nasty :)

12. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

we get on well with most clubs fans ,its only col u and mk we hate so there shouldnt be a problem with your lot <ok>

13. Rocky blue army

nice to see we meet you early in the season,looking forward to it and it should be a stern test for our lot

14. lilywhite forever

It is indeed an early meeting Rocky, and a game I'd like to get to if I possibly can <ok>
    I expect a stern test for ourselves too, there's no easy games at any level! we're at home to your rivals Colchester for the first game, I hope me and you both will be smiling after that one!! :)

15. Rocky blue army

so do i ,do em 8 nil and we will all be happy<cheers>

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well here we are at last. Best wishes to all.