1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next up Reading......

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Not at all mate, frustration at being in with a shout but failing to back it up, which i have been saying for ages!! Dint even think its ME's fault, its MM putting fighting ability before skill and talent!!

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

At least Dave will be mightily pissed off that his team got Tonked today!

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

This was a really bad and frustrating performance today. Where was the imagination? We looked devoid of ideas and players didn't want to move forward with the ball. Credit to Reading, they had got a goal out of the blue, pressed us all over the field, ran the clock down, and broke the attacks we could muster. I was disappointed with Tommy Smith's distribution and composure on the ball, move Chambers across in the centre and put Jonathan Parr on at right back. Tyrone Mings had a poor game, another example of his post-transfer speculation form dipping. Bar Jay Tabb, who was at least tenacious off the ball and used it fairly well, our midfield was poor. Bru's passing was pretty dire and Teddy Bishop, bar a couple of decent touches and passes, was outmuscled off the ball and didn't really get into the game. Daryl Murphy created a good opening chance for himself, bottled it, then proceeded to mis-hit passes. His first touch was poor too.

Above all, our attacking substitutions sum up the lack of depth, quality, and pace in this squad. Andersen and Luke Varney are not good enough, or consistent, to play for a side chasing promotion. I'm very skeptical on Varney, and I'll give him his due time, but I have to say I'm not sure what he can bring to the club.

Spanish likes this.
  4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

" Bar Jay Tabb, who was at least tenacious off the ball and used it fairly well "

Thoughts Spanish!? Couldn't resist!!

5. Nuggets

I thought he was one of our best players today, admittedly from a bunch of bad performances.

itfcptc likes this.
  6. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

Spanish, you blame Tabb but he was far from our worst player today. MM got team selection wrong today, he set us up too safe (again) at home against a team in the bottom half of the table.
    FWIW, I thought he got his changes wrong today Bru had a mare he should have been the first change, Tabb could have gone in there with Skuse (probably our MOM) and put Stewart out wide, (I would not play Tabb Wide)
    Bish and Sears did not deserve to come off but we all know MM likes his 442 so he was never gona leave Sears on and play 3 up top...every now and then MM throws in a mare, today was one if them but he was not helped by a number of his players having a mare also.
    We move on and go again Mid week, 3 points is required before our wing clipping performance next weekend.!

7. Spanish

Nuggets
    This is my major frigging frustration and as i said, i dont think its down to ME, MM likes his hard working players but every team needs gamechangers and his latest signings are not gamechangers!!
    This will cost us promotion imo and what pisses me iff most is that sooooo many cant see it, when it is blatantly obvious.
    I mean we are chading the game and bring on Varney and Anderson for Sears and Bish, give me a friggin break, thats a more negative mive ffs!!

8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

If being passionate means complaining/crying and insulting true levelled supporters then I suppose you are the most passionate here.......just because I think differently to you no need to **** your pants......have you seen McQueen play ??....do you get any streams of U21 games??.....

Anyway I thought you were out for dinner........table for one....

9. Spanish

Hoppers, Tabb and Skuse aint gonna win you games, they may help in preventing you from losing but when you should go take the game to your opponants, those two are not ideal!! Skuse must have done absolute **** loads off the ball coz his name was not mentioned more than 5 times on the radio and those that also listened would prob agree. Sorry but your cm should be all action, not anonymous!!

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Never said its funny that we lost your the only one that seems to get a hard on when we do lose......a slating players even when you haven't seen the game.....you really are a........

11. Spanish

Unlike you who is out with your carer, got ya bib?

12. Nuggets

Well, you can't blame Mick for organising and setting up a squad in the image of his coaching ideology. Like it or lump it, that ideology has got us in a play off spot and, for the first time in several years, we're keeping an eye out on results around us at the top of the table, rather than the bottom. The substitutes coming on annoyed me, as I don't think they're the standard of player we need, but Bishop was effectively bullied out of the game and Freddie Sears, for all his pace and running, was feeding off scraps. It was, in all in, a poor performance, but we can't expect to win every game. Dust ourselves off and go again on Tuesday. More boos at full time again today, pathetic really.

I'm thankful a majority of results went our way today. And that's two wins out of our last ten matches against Reading. A definite bogey side.

13. Spanish

Seen many games on tv to be able to pass judgement, you live in uk and dont go to many games #poorsupporter

14. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

He'll be going through a pretty messy divorce right now.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

<laugh>I better not join in with your insults Spanish you've proven in the past that your not up to it...so to avoid another hissy fit from you I'll leave you to it.........

16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

If you were a decent passionate supporter distance wouldn't be an excuse........

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

18. Spanish

Haha, no answer to that, if i was rich i would commute, sadly finances dont permit it, nor does the wife and kids

19. Spanish

Weighty, town need someone like you, we aint got a dribbler!!

20. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Well I get to as many games as I can which is not as many as I would like.....

And don't pretend you have a wife.....<laugh>