1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next up - Bristol City away

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Nov 30, 2016.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I went with my Dad to the game at Bristol Rovers back in 1978 when Robin Turner earnt us a replay in the FA Cup with an injury time goal. There was a petrol shortage at the time and we had two Gerry cans of petrol in the boot! The snow and ice was thick on the ground and god knows how that gane went ahead! Those were the days!!! <ok>

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Living in Bristol, you're my local side and you need far far better than Lee Johnson who is a pretty poor manager.

Hope Flint doesn't ruin us on corners though!

How's Little doing at RB these days?

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I assume you will be there tomorrow at the revamped Ashton Gate,LJ started of well,but that has stalled at present,I do cringe at some of his speel that he spouts out.
    If we lose tomorrow the pressure is on for LJ.
    Time will tell if it was a good appointment,at present many are still on the fence.

The weakest player in the team is Little I'm afraid.
    Matthews was brought in from Sunderland,but there is all sorts of noises regards him.
    A position that needs sorting in the window,we desperately require a striker or two as well.
    Tammy is only on loan,Wilbs is 37 this year,Engval our 2.5 million sjgning from Sweden is yet to start in the league.

4. Westlake33

Just moved to Australia however otherwise I would have been. Easiest fixture to get to being just south of Whitchuch. Sooner they get tram links or some kind of transport from the stadium to town the better, it's dire.

LJ isn't remotely good enough for your club in my opinion anyway, very very poor manager but no doubt that comment will see us lose and me look silly online. Not the first time that will have happened ;)

The stadium really is a hell of a lot better. However, I see the city fans have kept tradition with the Ashton Gate library. Shhh, quiet in the library as my gashead mates would say. I would say it's one of the better grounds in terms of banter for home and away in the league now with the Atyeo split and a good %%% of the city hardcore in there. Something we desperately need at Portman Road, away fans are by the quiet home and noisy home opposite end of the ground ( blame Millwall for that )

You a Freeman fan? Some fans think he doesn't fit in - from what I've seen some of your players aren't intelligent enough for his superb movement and demand of the ball - that's not a pop by the way we'd have the same issue. I think he'd do a job in the Prem no trouble.

5. Red Robin

Freeman is a player that could be so much better,he flys up and down the wing,however he struggles to go past players,if he did he would be in the prem.

6. Westlake33

Again why you guys play him on the wing is quite beyond me - should be played through the middle. Just about sums up my thoughts of your manager to be frank.

7. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Why you ****ing lot thought we would win or draw is beyond me and why some still refuse to call for that twat mcarfys head is even more amazing!
    **** off MM and take your supporters with ya!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  8. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

It really is just a matter of time Spanish,the only people who don't seem to be able to accept it are McCarthy and Evans<doh>

9. Fat Boy Slim

Fat Boy Slim Member

Not to worry, we've got MM's post match interview to come yet telling us how well we played, that we were just unlucky and that we've got a team of grafters who are giving 100% - YAWN!!!!!!!!

itfcptc and Bigalreigned like this.
  10. Red Robin

Take a look at Freemans goal of the season <applause>

11. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

don't forget to add - Bristol City are in a false position & I expect them to be challenging for the title come the end of the season

Red Robin likes this.
  12. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

He's clueless if he comes out and says you played well because you didn't, the only real threat you had at our goal was mid way through the second half when McGoldrick hit the post, that was it basically it the whole game, I thought you'd play a lot better than what was shown today

San Diego likes this.
  13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Missed most of the match, another crap display then?

14. Bigalreigned

According the McCarthy "we played well against a good side"<doh>
    Just go man ffs:emoticon-0112-wonde

15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

The worst thing is ...I'm losing the will to care.

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Like so many right now!

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I think I would accept relegation to get shot of MM and ME.

Spanish likes this.
  18. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Well think how i feel weighty, ive felt like that for years, hence all the ranting!

19. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

We must be the only Club in the division who has a player recruitment policy designed to weaken the squad, we sell Mings for a reported £11M+ and replace him with Knudsen who cost about £200,000 and is nowhere near the player Mings is, we also did the same with Cresswell. We then sell Murphy for £3M and replace him with Best who cost nothing but can't play because he's so unfit, and that's because nobody wanted him so he hadn't played for months, while every other Club tries to strengthen we on the other hand operate a self destruct policy insisted upon by our useless owner, if we take away the loaners we have who have we honestly got who could play at a higher level? Bart? Webster? And now I'm struggling because the rest are in the main ageing journeymen who are past their best or never were any good, and who's to say Bart and Webster will still be here in January? Evans won't pass up the chance of another huge profit while destroys our Club from the inside.

20. Bigalreigned

You're not alone there Spanish.