1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next season

Discussion in 'Preston' started by lilywhite forever, Mar 9, 2011.

1. lilywhite forever

I've been hoping for weeks that we'd get that win and have a bit of a chance to stay up. However, after the result last night combined with Palace and Sheffield United winning, I'm now resigned to the fact we're in L1 next season. I personally don't think we will bounce straight back up as there's going to be lots of players out and not too many coming in IMO. I hope I'm wrong and we do come straight back up, but realistically I'd be happy with a top ten finish next season and play offs the following season. There are some far bigger clubs than us in L1 and to expect to come straight back up is a bit to much to ask I think. If we can hold our own in that Division, regroup and steady the ship, it'll bode well for the future. Any thoughts?

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Depend on who comes in and who goes, still expect us to win the next 11 games and end up 20th.

3. lilywhite forever

Way it's going, I think we'd be hard pushed to get 11 points but I wish I had your optimism!

4. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

From what I saw on Tuesday night, you looked like an organized team under a decent manager who can also pull a few good signings out of his sleeve. You might need a year or two of consolidation down in the third tier, but more often than not when clubs do get promoted from League One, they get more momentum and inspiration than they ever would have done had they spent the equivalent amount of time languishing in the lower reaches of the Championship. It's painful, but it's not all bad.

5. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Listen to DUCE..............he is an Agony Uncle.........(no uncle fester's please ).

He is a wise old sage..............reminiscent of Sage n Onion...........gets stuffed regularly and loves his own perch.<nahnah>

6. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

You sound like you've OD'd on barbiturates..... again.

:laugh: