1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next month and after that

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, Jan 26, 2013.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ok let's forget this month and look to next month because we we've got stoke anyway and so that's another bag of **** game so onto Febuary and what i`ll do is post the game`s and give my score`s or a win or loose and see what happens beat lawro before he gets there first so hear goes.

Southampton (h) win.
    Chelsea (a) loose.
    Reading (a) win.
    These are my results and so invite everybody latics fan or not to give there results and we can get a bit of a debate going.
    and the next month of March i`ll do the same and we can take it from there is everybody happy with that. :emoticon-0148-yes:

2. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

As a neutral...

Southampton (Home) - Draw.

Chelsea (Away) - Loss.

Reading (Away) - Draw.

-

You can't afford to lose the games against Southampton & Reading. Especially the Southampton game as it's a home game. Reading i've got down as a draw but both Wigan & Reading are too unpredictable with performances so that could swing either way. Depends on form/performances going into that game.

I don't suspect you think you'll get anything at Chelsea so any kind of result is a bonus!

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Cheers Chris for starting the ball rolling as it were and like you say we can`t afford to lose the Southampton or reading game that's why i've gone for both wins for those games but with Chelsea i`me still hopeful that we could get something even though i put us to lose.

4. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

This is Wigan we're talking about! Predictions? Hah!

I know what I want to happen - wins over Southampton and Reading plus three points away to a Chelsea side who're not playing very well and who we owe for last season's two offside goals (plus the kidney punch on Maloney). But what's likely?

Southampton are playing well and seem to be responding to their new manager's all out attacking philosophy. They'll see that three points away to us would do them all sorts of favours. they'll be well up for this, but even if they win - and they easily could - I think that'll worka against them. A bit like West Ham they'll begin to imagine that they've "done enough". I expect both Southampton and West Ham to be in a relegation battle come May, regardless of what happens on Saturday. My prediction? As usual it hinges on Gomez. If he plays we won't win. We've only won one of his starts this season, against Reading. Bobby tends to start him in games he thinks are winnable, which we then go on and lose (mostly). Think Sunderland (twice), Fulham, QPR (a draw), Norwich, Newcastle. We've had him for four seasons, he adds next to nothing. When will we learn? I dunno. So - Bobby started him alongside Maloney last home game to Sunderland which we duly lost. Please Bobby, do what you've done for the last three seasons, stop playing him and we'll get out of trouble.

Chelsea away he won't play him but our problem there will be defensive. We're shipping goals - we miss Ramis and Alcaraz so badly - but Bobby could play an interesting back five of Caldwell, Lopez and Golobart with Figs and Boyce on the wings. Two Jimmy Macs plus Roger - could we hold out for a draw?

Reading away is another massive game but the one I feel most confident about strangely. Simply put its this. When Wigan Athletic play well we're better than the entire bottom half of the league. Better than Sunderland, Newcastle, Southampton, Stoke, Villa, Norwich - whatever. When we put it together we're a match for anyone - and I expect the importance of the game to be too much for Reading. Wigan will thrive on that - as we so often have done in the past - and i expect us to put them away.

5. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

I've got one result right!

The Chelsea game next Saturday looks very interesting. You would still expect Chelsea to win but they haven't had the results of late and there could be a potential surprise in store.

Both sides need the win (For different reasons of course) and it should make for a great game!

6. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Complete battering from Southampton in that second half. I take back what I said about Southampton being worse than us when we play at our best. That was a terrifying performance whcih I don't think wecould have matched on the best of days.

My concern now is - are there really three worse teams than us in the league? We will be more likely to beat the Newcastles, West Hams and Baggies, safe in their mid table mediocrity, than any of our relegation rivals, all fo whom look like they're playing well.

7. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Hey Chris your going great up to now first two correct only reading to go and it`s a full house for you mate. :emoticon-0148-yes:

8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Hope he gets it wrong though :), we need the 3 points

9. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye HP your right this is wigan were talking about and that makes it all the harder to predict whats going to happen on the results front. We have got to be the most unpredictable club in the prem so come on mate let's have a bit of fun on here and maybe it might just might create a bit of interest for others out there.

10. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Your right BCFC we do need the 3 points because a draw is just not good enough but its better to do it this way ourselves than Lawro ****ting on us every week.

11. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Like I said From, I thought that Reading away is our best chanc of a win out of these three. I hope I'm right!

12. fromthestands

fromthestands Member