1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next handful of league games

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Aug 24, 2016.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Having only taken a single point from our opening two fixtures it is important we start to put some points on the board in our upcoming games.

We have:

Watford vs Arsenal
    Arsenal vs Southampton
    Hull vs Arsenal
    Arsenal vs Chelsea
    Burnley vs Arsenal

As our next five games in the league.

Watford and Southampton have both only taken a single point like us in there opening fixtures and with the Southampton game being at home I think we should be taking six points from these games even if we aren't up to full speed yet.

Hull have had a surprisingly good start to the season taking the full six points on offer and beating champions Leicester. This could be a more tricky fixture that it looks at first glance. I feel it will take a good performance to take all the points here so I'm hoping we are more into our swing by this point.

The Chelsea game is the stand out fixture in our next five games. They've made good signings and looked good so far wth Conte at the helm. Kante looks quality in midfield and they haven't struggled for goals either. As its our home fixture we can't be losing this game. I'd take a draw but getting a win in this game would make a real statement about what we want to achieve this season. Lose it and it starts to feel like more of the same even at such an early point of the season.

Burnley away could be difficult as they will try to soak up our pressure and hope to get us on the counter like they did with Liverpool. But honestly we should have too much for them home or away and overpower them with the talent we have in our squad. 3 points.

How do you see our season starting to shape up over the next lot of games? Which will be the hard games and which will we stroll to victory?

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

There's a real danger you could come away with 6 points from the next 4 games without losing any of them. But if I was to hazard a guess, 8 points.

3. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Southampton save their worldie performances against us for St Marys I believe. We'll probably lose against Chelsea and draw at Hull

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think Southampton will be very functional against the teams outside the top 6, but will come up short against the top teams.

Arsenal vs Southampton - 3pts
    Hull vs Arsenal - 1 pt (those ****ers are hard to beat atm)
    Arsenal vs Chelsea - 1 pt
    Burnley vs Arsenal - 3 pts (but could be 1pt if your attack has a poor day)

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I thought we were good (but toothless) against Leicester and back to our old best against Watford (first half anyway)

I think the team are starting to settle into their stride and I'd expect to see some solid performances over the next few weeks, especially now we have decent depth in the squad.

I'm going to take a punt on the games.

Southampton 3pts
    Hull 3pts
    Chelsea 1pt
    Burnley 1pt

6. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Southampton 3pts
    Hull 3pts
    Chelsea 3pt
    Burnley 3pt

Bring it on! ;)

7. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we get a surge of belief with the new signings and d*ck everyone. The two trickiest games (on paper) are Saints and Chelsea and we're home for both. If we don't go into all these games believing we'll win then what's the point.