1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next for Town,will Mick go for a Burton?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigalreigned, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Tuesday night football returns.Will we be in for an entertaining evening or will Mick be happy to settle for another ground out bore draw?

Please just go,you useless Yorkshire pud!

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't want to bet against a 0-0

3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Seriously, for thelove of God, we HAVE to at least get a score draw here. If we fail to score, or even lose on Tuesday, then Mick has to do the honourable thing and walk (although he should go anyway)
    I have a feeling we will get lucky and win 2-1, with Mick saying it was a fantastic result against a very good team.

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We couldn't bloody score in a knocking shop at the moment!

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  5. stretchyboy

We must be the only team that persists with a forward line that hasn't scored in nearly ten hours of football. I know our back up strikers are only kids, but feck me they can't do any worse than who we play.

6. Bigalreigned

It was Blackburn's first clean sheet of the Season,says it all really<doh>
    Banjos and cows' behinds don't even come close!

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I agree but you also have to create chances in order to miss them and we aren't even doing that! We aren't conceding many but we pose no threat of our own and it's just so one dimensional. The opposition always know how we are going to play and they set up accordingly. The only Town team that I can remember being worse than this current side is Mick McGivens and that was truly horrific!

8. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Ffs, have you guys read micks comments about chambers and how dropping him isnt an option because he is different class.
    You couldn't make it up.
    I hope its Town 0-3 Burton and then
    Newcastle 5-0 Town
    I think that may just do it!
    Sorry for wanting us to lose guys but i feel its the only way to get rid and I am fed up with being pissed off on a Saturday, even the rioja isnt dulling the pain!

9. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I do like Mick praising the world and keeping things internal but these comments are somewhat harsh on Josh who I think we'll all agree was unlucky. That said, whatever combination we have at the back that clear as day is not the issue, going forwards is so whatever from that perspective my end.

As for this game, us along with 22 other sides in the league are going to think " little Burton at home, 3 points " - I actually think they are well on course to survive and this is going to be a test. We're not playing well and desperately need a goal or two ( to put it mildly! )

Apparently we were at least somewhat better Saturday so that's a start.

In my other long article I miscounted points, we're just the 6 off the top 6 and while we're a long way off that at present a win tomorrow would be a good achievement.

I'll plump for a 1-0 non pretty display with Best to break his duck. We desperately need Pitman back.

Pleasing that Williams and Bishop both came on Saturday. While Williams clearly shouldn't be starting yet, I wonder if the Bish may get a nod for this one? I'd like to see Sears through the middle more so with Best. COYB.

10. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

What a dreary season. I have next to no enthusiasm for watching games or tuning in to the radio coverage anymore and our declining attendances speak for itself. Make no mistake, the '14,000' figure is just season ticket holders, and some of those don't turn up anyway, so the actual figure is nearer 12,000.

We sold Daryl Murphy and, despite all the talk on transfer deadline day, didn't replace him effectively. We have gone over eight hours without scoring, which is a dire statistic. Another issue is players getting into the team on reputation/favouritism, rather than form. Emmanuel being dropped for Chambers, solely on the account of Chambers being the captain, was a harsh move. Contrast that to how Mourinho and Southgate have managed Rooney, an under-performing and aging captain, and McCarthy comes across as more misguided than usual. Get rid of Chambers, Douglas, Sears, and Bru for that team and introduce Emmanuel, Grant, Bishop (who is admittedly in poor form himself) and Lawrence, then watch results improve. We'd at least score!

This has all been covered before, and I really hope a more progressive manager is brought into the club by the next transfer window. That man then needs to be backed with cash if we are to push on. I'm running out of patience with McCarthy, I think he's taking us as far as he can, and I'm also disillusioned with the board, who have once again failed to invest sufficiently in this team.

As for Burton? I think we will lose 1-0.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.

11. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I can see us having one of those nights and winning this 3-0

An early goal and the team will settle down and we are certainly due a bit of luck and any goal will do.. Off a backside, an own goal a penalty, just please anything

12. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

We don't have a striker that can scare defenders and test a keeper......and we haven't had one for years....Best no Sears no..Pitman no ...Goldy no...

13. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I think we do, we just don't play to their strengths. Sears looked on fire at the start of last season then was moved wide and hasn't been the same players since.

14. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I admit he had a little purple patch but I think he is over rated and a lot of fans make excuses for him but being played wide doesn't mean you can no longer finish/pass/dribble.

15. Bigalreigned

In his defence,service to him,or anyone else we put up front, is virtually nonexistent.That's our biggest problem and will continue whilst we have rely on Skuse and Douglas in the middle.

16. stretchyboy

I've just had an epiphany...we'll win this one 5-1...two for Sears, two for ward, and Lawrence the other

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

In my day they were just called 'E' when did you kids add the 'piphany' ?

Castro Sito likes this.
  18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

That makes 2 of us Stretchy...against all predictions, form, club morale and fans total p....ssed off, I am going for an astonishing 4-1...and a steady slow climb to respectability.

Thats it 4-1! COYBs

Any more dull, negative, no goals...then the door MM!

19. Westlake33

Interesting lineup

COYB :)

20. Westlake33

How S must you be, we've scored a goal. GET IN GET IN