1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next england manager

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by mustyfrog, Nov 16, 2011.

1. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

if YOU were the next England Manager, how many of the current squad would you have for Euros and beyond?

2. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Some, but certainly not all. Heck, I'd drop a half dozen of them now...

4. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

Oh OK - some detail.....

Older players would go - some before the Euros, some after. Players such as Terry, Gerrard, Green, would all go now. I'd keep one or two until after the finals (probably Barry and Lampard) but then say goodbye. Same as Johnson, who has never had a decent game in my eyes.

Goalkeepers would be Hart, Carson and Foster - Hart the obvious #1

Defence? My first choice back 4 would be Walker, Cahill, Jagielka and Cole/Baines.
    Midfield: Walcott, Parker, Milner and Downing
    Forwards: Rooney if he can sort his temperament out, and either Wellbeck or Defoe.

On last night's showing, it's too early for Sturridge, probably too late for Zamora, and unfortunately the door needs to close on Terry - he is too slow and isn't seeing the game anywhere near the level he needs to.

Defenders

5. The Midland 20

The Midland 20 New Member

i dont know who i would take, but i wouldnt take terry, lampard, ferdinand or gerrard.

they've had their chances. won nothing at international level. it's time to drop them. permanently.

6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

First team: Joe Hart; Kyle Walker, Phil Jones, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole; Aaron Lennon, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, James Milner; Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe

Reserves: Scott Carson, Scott Loach; Micah Richards, Phil Jagielka, Michael Dawson, Leighton Baines; Theo Walcott, Gareth Barry, Tom Huddlestone, Stuart Downing; Darren Bent, Bobby Zamora

Of the so-called "golden generation", Gerrard is the only one I put any thought towards including. Rio is done, Terry will unsettle the squad, and Lampard just isn't as valuable as Parker or Wilshere would be.