1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Newcastle United v QPR

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

We seemed lack lustre and energy less. Too slow, not aggressive enough, even complacent?
    Better effort in the early part of the second half, but then seemed to drop off again.
    Perez needs to be benched for a while as does Gouff.
    Shelvey has gone into destruct mode again, which is bloody unbelievable so soon after his ban. I wonder if he will be punished retrospectively?
    Either way someone needs a word with him before he costs us big time.
    Why can we never defend the set piece? Keep our concentration prior to half time and learn how to protect a lead and see a game out.
    We were rubbish tonight and paid for it.
    We need to wake the **** up and find some venom.

Consett Mag, Obi Wan and JakartaToon like this.
  2. NufcNavan

NufcNavan Active Member

Dude does it really matter what we post during a game. For anyone who was watching they'd know what I was laughing at.

If you can't see the game, follow Lee Ryder or Simon Bird on Twitter. That is their job.

JakartaToon likes this.
  3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

The first bit about energy, this is a Rafa deliberation. We will be the freshest team in the home stretch, worry ye not.

Perez would've been benched if we'd had Diame or Gayle. He'll be on there for Saturday.

Gouff also won't start Saturday. I suspect Sammy might get the nod.

The defence, i'm a bit lost on; we concede so, so easily it's frightening. We go into every game knowing we're going to concede. I think the problem is no defensive midfielder. I know we play with 2 of 'em, but neither are that good at tracking or, well, defending. Our big problem here is Jack Colback regressing to non-league level; he's supposed to be the ball winner but he's not winning the ball. Hayden's a bit raw still, gets out of position a bit. Shelvey then stays back, but that's not his game. I think there's an issue in there somewhere. As I've said, I'd go three at the back now.

We weren't rubbish. We were average and could have walked away winning 6-1. With less complacency, more urgency and our best players back, we will start to walk it again. We'll win most of our away games, and more than half of our home ones. 10-12 more wins on the way. Promotion. Relax.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  4. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I disagree with some of this. Our recent performances warrant one every two games a win tops. Our defending yes is crazy but lascelles was dreadful and also needs dropped. Why Hanley Nd mbemba have not had a game is beyond me. Rafa seems to have his favourites I think! Perez needs sold. He's crap. There I said it........

5. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

In addition to Perez, Hayden and Lascelles being crap tonight like everyone has said, I though Yedlin was piss poor too. they need to give themselves a shake. Or is it just that they are poor players?

6. Lord Jonjomort

They're not great players, mate. We're being carried by decent ones. When they're not available, it's a struggle. With Gayle on that pitch, easy win.

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Erm, I have a baby! I went to bed at 11pm and was up from 3am. At work from 7.30am until 7pm tonight! Whoop whoop!

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

We were poor. Started well obviously. So complacent and just seemed to expect a massive victory after the early goal. Got our come uppance.

I don't rate Hayden personally. He just gives the ball away constantly. He'd be at nightmare at pl level. I like Yedlin, Shelvey, Ritchie. The rest are just bang average. Clark and lascelles looked dodgy all night. Dummett is so limited. Gouffran, Murphy, Perez? So average.

How Rafa justifies not picking Lazaar and Mitro I'm not sure.

Flash likes this.
  9. Warmir Pouchov

What did you call him? Massadio?

10. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

To me we need to change the formation full stop

Warmir Pouchov likes this.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Nah, thought that would be too obvious, that's his middle name.

12. Warmir Pouchov

Cursed him already before he's kicked a ball. Hang your head in shame.

Flash likes this.
  13. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

A Massadio somewhere has to come good at football! Just playing the odds.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  14. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh>

15. Lord Jonjomort

I rate Hayden higher, but for me his main problem is he lacks discipline and game management. Severely. He's really supposed to be in a destroyer role, but actually wanders around all over the pitch. He then ends up leaving Shelvey to act as both DM and deep-playmaker.

Also agree with DPP, we need a different formation. In the first half in particular we literally killed the pace stone dead. We kill it, they regroup, then we give it to Shelvey and hope for the best. It's a bollox tactic, can't really work out if that's Rafa or the players, probably both.

So two birds with one stone, Hayden would be better off back at CB alongside Mbemba and Clark. Lot of mobility and Clark's a good enough leader at this level.

16. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I do try :D

17. Warmir Pouchov

I don't care where you put him on the pitch, if he keeps giving the ball to the other team and being completely unaware of when he is being closed down then he is a liability.

18. Lord Jonjomort

Are you sure you're not mistaking him for Lascelles?!

Flash likes this.
  19. Warmir Pouchov

He was just as bad if not worse. I don't know what was worse, Hayden not being good enough or Lascelles seemingly having his head elsewhere...probably up his own arse. If I was betting, I reckon Lascelles has off field issues. His head has not been in the game for weeks now.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Flash likes this.
  20. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

---
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------We should have been 3-1 up at half time. You got lucky. ****ing Moron----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------