1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Newcastle United v Leeds, Leeds, Leeds

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Nov 16, 2016.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2016.
  1. Leeds

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Newcastle

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Neither... it will be a draw you chino wearing goon

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Wear 2 jackets

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I'm heading round now Nev.

Not to help (despite running a construction company with access to gas repairs), just to laugh <ok>

3. Warmir Pouchov

You know what, **** it, I'm jumping aboard the delusional Rafa Benitez brigade. The bloke just has it. I was looking at his relationship with Gerrard following the recent links. The more you read the more you realise how canny he is. Gerrard was never more effective than under Rafa. He treat him in a certain way to drive him to be better, and also to ensure that the rest of the players understood it was a team, no preferential treatment. Even the decline at Liverpool, you realise it came against a backdrop of board level problems.

The more I look into his managerial career, the more impressive it becomes. Gerrard talks in his book how he is friendly with all his former managers except Benitez. I'm not saying you have to be frosty with players (Klopp proves that), but clearly Rafa had a way of knowing what made Gerrard tick. He treat others differently so clearly knew it takes all kinds of different approaches.Gerrard even acknowledges it made him crave his approval and instilled a desire to make himself indispensable to Benitez.

His record for winning is very clear:

Real Madrid U-19s
    Extremadura
    Tenerife
    Valencia
    Liverpool
    Inter Milan
    Chelsea
    Napoli
    Individual awards
    We haven't had a manager this astute in many many years. We haven't had a man manager like this for many many years. His appointment combined with a massive shift in direction from the board has me hopeful again. I just hope they have the common sense to continue to back him. He will deliver. He might even deliver a trophy further down the line. He is fiercely loyal. He will fight for the club to be better in every department. We will get better off and on the pitch. The bloke is only 56, he is at the peak of his powers.

I'm fully on board the train of delusion.

Choo ****ing choo.

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

If the board get it right off the pitch and continue to back him then we may be on the verge of something fairly special. I see Rafa just needs one more win to beat Keegan's record. We may not be the entertainers this time, but what we do have is a rock solid foundation. We now have players that want to play for us and give their all. The similarities are striking. The difference is that this time we have a tactical genius in charge. I realise that we are only talking Championship here, but the signs were there last season after he took over.

The deadwood is gone along with the negative, counter productive atmosphere around the club. The future really does promise something. Rafa could be the man to end our hunt for a trophy.

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You could try and take your mind off the numbing cold by updating the Prediction League.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh> He's got that much to do, the speed he would have to go would generate heat

JakartaToon likes this.
  7. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I saw that Benitez was at the u23's game yesterday too with some of the 1st team players and all of the coaches.

Benitez was the only one there in shorts! He's a double hard bast ard! he doesn't moan about having no gas! He doesn't moan about it being cold! Benitez laughs at the cold!

8. Warmir Pouchov

Yeah Nev you pussy

Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.