1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New ticket prices.

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by Welcome to the North, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

I think it's an excellent intiative to get Latics fans and Oldhammers in general to 'Less appealing' matches. The likes of Dagenham, Yeovil. Brentford, Exeter etc... appeal less to people and are generally poorer games with poorer atmospheres.

Hopefully though, people won't be put off by the extra £2 (Than this Season) to see big games like Preston, both Sheffield sides, Dale and 'Udds.

2. MarkH-OAFC40

MarkH-OAFC40 New Member

At least this shows that they are trying to do something to get the fans back. If it is going to be our final season at ISZ then let's make it a great one.

3. Welcome to the North

I agree mate, but some people are complaining about paying £2 more for 3 tier football which is pretty fair in my opinion but it's only £2 extra and the money saved at the £14 games will go towards it. I totally agree, lets leave Boundary Park in style.

4. MarkH-OAFC40

MarkH-OAFC40 New Member

I think some Oldham fans just like complaining full stop! You only have to read the comments on the online Chronicle site to see that. The only ones paying £2 more will be those without a season ticket.

I'm determined to spread some positivity about Latics, let's see if it works :)

5. Welcome to the North

Yeah, I want Boundary Park to be a positive place to spend my Saturdays, the atmosphere used to be great.

6. laticdickovarmy

Couldnt agree more than what u are both saying

7. Welcome to the North

I for one will try and drag a few mates along for the Cat C matches.
    I am interested to see how well this will work.

8. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

I presume one of the reasons is to drag more money out of the away supporters. The teams that bring the most fans will probably be some of the Category A games.

The club have suggested that there will be approximately a third of games in each category, which averages out £18.67 per game. Yeovil on a Tuesday night in February will no doubt be a Category C game - yours for £15.

As for me I'll be renewing my season ticket early, which averages out at £13.17 a match.

:emoticon-0100-smile

9. Welcome to the North

That's amazing value that is. Didn't realise it worked out that cheap!

I think this will work pretty well, if Sheff U, Wednesday, PNE, Hudds all bring 3,500 supporters, that works out at £77,000 for each of them.

10. laticdickovarmy

That really is cracking value, i dont actually buy season tickets as the number of midweek games means i miss out and the travelling but i go nearly every home game, i think it really is a reward to us loyal fans who have stuck by the club,even if it rewards those who currently dont go i dont mind! At least the fans have been listened to that its over priced

<ok> The cat C games im pretty sure in saying make us the cheapest side now to watch in the division with a set pricing i.e not the £2 a game offers we sometimes do

How can anyone moan about that!!!!!

11. Welcome to the North

All Latics need to do know, is advertise it properly.

12. LaticMark

LaticMark Member

Threre was an ad in tonight's Oldham Chronicle!

13. Welcome to the North

There's a bloke on OWTB who does all that kind of stuff, he did one for the Swindon game.
    We need someone to do one of those ads so the fans can plaster them everywhere.