1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New squad.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Charley Farley, May 15, 2017.

1. Charley Farley

Charley Farley Well-Known Member

One of the recurring situations we keep finding ourselves in is with the regular change of manager we go through the same procedure of overhauling our squad every year with each new manager getting rid of the last managers players.

It looks like we will be getting shot of a good 18 players this time, maybe more, all squad players as well.
    This means that the stability of having a manager stay on is not so important as we probably will be getting a whole new squad in with only a few remaining, mostly young players as well as maybe Cattermole, O'Shea, Jones and Oviedo.

If we are going to replace the jovial Moyes then it will have less impact because of all the changes that will be happening anyway. Whoever comes in will have an almost blank sheet. It's completely different than preparing for another season in the premier league with a new manager, we will have an unrecognisable squad compared to what it is now.
    The choice is do we stay with Dave and his choices or gamble on a new manager.
    If Dave chooses wrong then we will be stuck with his players and then a new manager will replace them and we start again.

We either stick with Dave for the next few years or change him within the next ten or so days.

2. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

We could have sacked him for nothing a few weeks ago due to the threat on the female sports reporter

Now we find ourselves in a situation where we can't afford the compensation to pay him off.....

Irritating

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Can you prove that? I'm pretty sure if we could we would have. I mean a free get out? Stands to reason Short would take it surely? Maybe the fact it was long dead and buried before it was even published and the female reporter didn't give a **** and had no intention of ever following it up means it would never stand up in a employment tribunal. We've got Lawyer working for us. We clearly couldn't sack him for free.

Been maintaining for a while keeping Moyes is not a footballing decision, it's a financial one.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  4. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Well-Known Member

Could have sacked him for free here in the states. That episode constitutes "cause", harassment of that sort, which is indisputable, can result in an immediate termination of employment and contract obligations. I'd be surprised if it was different there.

LAMackem and Gil T Azell like this.
  5. Brian Storm

I doubt it, it was a joke taken as a joke at the time. Just because the press and fans want to spin it into something else doesn't make it so. 'The victim' saw it for the joke it was and was fine with it. Therefore it's hardly harassment.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  6. The Outlaw

Harassment was the wrong term. But, it's improper behavior, terminable offense here.

7. Brian Storm

Can't see how any of it would hold up without the victim forcing the issue officially. Lawyers would have a field day at the tribunal. I think there would be a high risk of having to pay him off.

8. The Outlaw

Would almost certainly be settled out of court...with the employee accepting a fair, but modest settlement.

9. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Can we not just send the useless twat to the states anyway. He can be Donalds chief jester.

calmcumbrian and C19RK73 like this.
  10. Brian Storm

Depends on the strength of the case. Would mean spending too, pay off plus legal costs, won't happen, didn't happen, he's still gaffer.

11. The Outlaw

They would make a wonderful pair.

12. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

So Donald can brag about grabbing women by the snatch and he is made President.

Somebody here has a gentle threat and laugh with a female reporter that is laughed at until a campaigning MP takes up the case.

Don't we both have great political systems.

The Outlaw likes this.
  13. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Moyes is a **** manager, ridsdale gave him a reputation, he's a horrible negative twat, that I want no where near our club, I haven't wanted him here since he said in august we would be in a relegation battle.

Honestly I want anybody but him, he's already saying we can't do a Burnley and bounce back up, **** you david

Make your own predictions come true out of our expense to make
    It look like you have a clue? Prick!

And how come every other manager that has scraped survival has been sacked but the grim reaper keeps his job?

Dorset and calmcumbrian like this.
  14. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Aye, that's just about sums it up for me.

15. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Agree that it was harmless banter and no harassment, infact it is a common joking phrase around Glasgow where he's from , but the FA have decided to treat it more seriously so its how they view it not us
    I am so mad at the whole mess up - much more than my usual frustrations with SAFC

16. Charley Farley

I'm with both Moyes and the girl reporter who wasn't bothered about it.

It's the pc snowflakes all wanting to be offended and outraged on behalf of other people.

All this fuss over such a little thing yet the March on Saturday with the 50,000 signature petition is nowhere to be found.
    Is there any mention of it in the Sunderland echo?

Billy Death likes this.
  17. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Oh God. Is there a 50k petition going round town? <doh>

18. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

What march?

19. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

What petition?

I hope there's no bloody coffin either.

It's bad enough being just 12 miles from them without imitating them!

Billy Death likes this.
  20. Charley Farley