1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New QPR Website Goes Live

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jun 27, 2017.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

2. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh>

Just tried to go on the new website and I'm getting this message...

lol.JPG

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

I will try with FireFox.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Ok, had a brief look, much better than the old one which was awful, but it could still be a lot better imo.

I give it a six out of ten!

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  5. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

After 17-years of being part of the EFL’s Digital network, today represents the first time since then that the club has had full autonomy over its online presence.

Working alongside digital agencies, Aqueduct and Stadion, the new website has been designed and built with fans at the heart of the process.

Following an extensive consultation period with R’s fans from across the globe, a series of focus groups with supporters were held. A dedicated feedback blog was launched to consult with a user group as the build progress proceeded also.

That has enabled us to go back to basics, providing a clean, simple design that will improve users’ experience, and there’s even a few design characteristics in keeping with QPR’s maverick tradition as a club. See if you can spot them!

One of the biggest new features is the fact that all on demand video content is now FREE. QPR PlayerHD has been replaced and all fans can now access interviews, features, highlights and more from Loftus Road, Harlington and the Academy for FREE. All you need to do is register for a FREEQPR Account HERE.

We've also enhanced the video coverage by adding Closed Caption Subtitles to all videos by default meaning you can now enjoy our interviews with the sound off, making it easier to get your QPR fix at school, in the office or public places!

Shortly we will also be launching our new QPR+ Pass service that will offer fans at home and overseas the opportunity to follow matches live like never before. Overseas supporters will be able to watch live video streams of non-televised QPR League fixtures, whilst UK & Ireland based fans can continue to enjoy audio commentary from every match.

Now live, we will be rolling out our Single Sign On solution, meaning having separate login accounts for online ticketing and retail will soon be a thing of the past.

In the meantime, though, you can find out what else is different on your new-look www.qpr.co.uk:

What’s new?
    • The new QPR.co.uk has been built mobile-first, meaning that the user experience has been optimised for R’s fans on-the-go.
    • That’s not to mean that desktop and tablet users have been neglected. The site is fully-responsive, meaning supporters get the same site and same experience regardless of what device they are using.
    • If you can’t get to a match then don’t worry as there’s an enhanced online matchday experience. Our new, real-time Matchday Centre will provide all the stats, updates and live coverage of the big moments throughout the 2017/18 season.
    • On demand video content is now FREE! That’s right, QPR PlayerHD has been replaced and all fans can now enjoy all our interviews, highlights and more for FREE. You just need to simply register for a FREE login and off you go.
    • A new live subscription offering, QPR+ Pass, will be available shortly - ahead of the new season - offering fans at home and overseas the opportunity to follow matches like never before.
    Today is the first step on our new digital journey, with further improvements and enhancements to follow as we thrive on our new platform.

In the meantime, while every endeavour has been made to iron out any bugs or issues ahead of launch, if you spot anything then please e-mail [email protected] and we will get it rectified as soon as possible.

Chair Nob'll Fallout likes this.
  6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Early days yet Greg. It will be enhanced quite considerably over the next few months.

UTRs likes this.
  7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

The main thing they would be trying to enhance is the website being more mobile and tablet friendly tbh. If I'm honest I never really bother much with the official website anyway. Most my QPR info comes 1st from this website and newsnowqpr.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  8. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

My main two personal issues with it like all mobile friendly websites is that it has a dumbed down feel to it when browsing on my PC. The second one is it's skin (graphics), it doesn't have a very QPR feel to it imo but they may alter this in time.

It does however work very well on my mobile so mission accomplished, I don't have zoom in to read the text.

Sorry if I come across a tad knit picky, I spent a good few years running and maintaining an independent retail website so have a little insight into website design.

It's deffo a huge improvement on the old one anyway<ok>

kiwiqpr and QPR999 like this.
  9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet as I'm still awaiting the confirmation email. Although I did see the prototype at the club about a year ago which looked good.

UTRs likes this.
  10. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Wow, I do like the Miss QPR of the month section on this new website, deffo a winner in that area me thinks<ok>

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

QPR999, Uber_Hoop, Kilburn and 2 others like this.

11. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

It's a vast improvement on the old website for mobile users like myself, much better structure and menu interface, text more legible (I used to hate that blue text on the black background) - but I really only head there when following a link from this forum so it's not really going to be "life-changing" for me! (Although the new free access to the highlights packages will be a bonus)

UTRs likes this.
  12. Steelmonkey

Check your Spam folder, that's where mine ended up.....

QPR999 likes this.
  13. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

It hasn't been received SM. I'd imagine they have a high volume of folk signing up. I've since realised that you can have a browse around the site without signing in.

Steelmonkey likes this.
  14. Steelmonkey

The sign up is for what's replaced HD Player (the free part), but there's also a paid section (QPR+ I think it's called) for live streaming matches if you are overseas....hopefully someone will switch on to that a provide streams for us all to enjoy!!

15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

It's all part of the new membership package. Overseas hoops get to watch Rangers games ( would've been 33 last season ) which works out at £4.24 per game with a membership costing £140.00. If you just want to stream and not have a membership it's £115 which works out at £3.48 per game. I can't see us being shown 'live' as much as we were last season ( x 13 ) so would expect the price per game to be even less.

Membership details etc ... https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-news/201718-hoops-memberships-now-on-sale/

16. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

who cares what its like

wheres the miss qpr of the month section

UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

if you go into the clubshop section how do you get back to the main website

UTRs likes this.
  18. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

A couple of points, one good two less so.

The mobile menu, i.e. when it's collapsed, is at the bottom of the page. It's not something a user might expect, since mobile (hamburger) menus are generally at the top of the page, however given where your thumb is on a mobile (the bottom) it is an interesting nod to bigger mobile devices and hand span - perhaps it's something we will see adopted more by sites in the future. Slight negatives for me is that firstly the line height (the vertical distance/space between lines of text), particularly the headline links on the front page are very large, which looks pretty ugly. Secondly the body text on the articles is the full width of the screen which is not terribly good for legibility - it's generally accepted that denser areas of text benefit from being limited in width or character count.

No doubt there are lots of tweaks to be made, but it's a decent start, and light years better than the last iteration.

19. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

You have to log in then sign up for the gold membership package mate! I couldn't post anymore of the pics as it would break the no nipples rule on not 606...

The gold membership is a snip at only £99.50 a month:emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

The site still has technical issues. I can't get them to validate my email address (the site keeps throwing an error when I click in the link in the email) and I can't get to any support pages because they aren't there yet. Even the 'Contact Us' page throws an error.

Did nobody test this before pushing it live?