1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Manager Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 5, 2016.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It's an untreatable blood disorder. Believe me, I've been searching for a cure for 45 years. Symptoms include violent mood swings, delusional beliefs and behaviour, unnatural expectations and a propensity to substance abuse.

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I got a bit excited after listening to that.

3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This blast of optimism is just not on.......it's not right, we're QPR we don't do optimism.......

UTRs and Uber_Hoop like this.
  4. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Gareth Ainsworth comments on Ian Holloway's return to Queens Park Rangers

please log in to view this image

The Wycombe Wanderers manager played under Holloway at Queens Park Rangers.

Queens Park
    Rangers promotion hero Gareth Ainsworth has given Ian Holloway's return to Loftus Road his blessing.
    Ainsworth, who was brought to
    QPR by Holloway in 2003, played 29 times during his debut campaign in west London, scoring six goals as the R's finished second in Division Two.

"He knows what it means to wear a Rangers shirt, I'm not saying Jimmy didn't - he's a great manger as well - but maybe it takes that bit of experience to bring a few people back down to earth, let them know what club they're at and what it means to wear a Rangers shirt.

"Hopefully we'll see results will pick up. It's a great club and I always look out for their results."

Holloway has given a decade of his life to QPR, having spent five years a player at Loftus Road, before returning in 2001 for his first spell in charge.
    Since then, the 53-year-old has managed Plymouth Argyle, Leicester City and Millwall, as well as Blackpool and Crystal Palace, the pair of whom he led to unexpected promotions from the second tier.

Millwall are the only club to have ever sacked Holloway, towards the end of a difficult 2014-15 campaign in which they were ultimately relegated.

The Bristolian has since been employed as a pundit for Sky Sports.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/1...ments-on-ian-holloways-return-to-queens-park/

5. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

All of the above minus the substance abuse.

It's contagious too.

sb_73 likes this.
  6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

That's just the mild version, for the acute version see 'tED'...:grin:

7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

or rory as he should be known by

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Good to see Birch back. Never forget getting my knees bashed when he scored.

NorwayRanger and UTRs like this.
  9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Here's another good listen if you have the time. It's from the QPR official channel and features Andy Sinton, Ian Taylor and Paul Whatshisface with interviews with Sir Les on team selection, Bircham on rejoining the club and Seb Polter ...

kiwiqpr and hammersmith junior like this.

11. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

All this good feeling circulating around the club in the last week,it's giving me goosebumps. I'm old enough to know better,but I can't wait for Saturday. It's like Christmas Eve when you were a nipper,it's all gonna end in tears we all know that,but hey let's enjoy it for now ! Come on Ollie's Blue and White Army.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  12. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I'm exactly the same...having practically refused to bring along to any match my daughters boyfriend, who has just moved to London (as it was just too turgid, and embarrassing)...I seemed to have bought him a ticket, and insisted he comes along

As you say Hammersmith, all going to end in tears...but it is a great feeling until 3pm on Saturday

Uber_Hoop and Hoops Eternal like this.
  13. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Isn't it great to have all these positive comments ............... love it!

Hoops Eternal and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

What you describe sounds very similar to my own symptoms, you don't think I have the disease too? Nurse, nurse...........

15. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

It's genuinely the best I've felt being a QPR supporter for years. This is the feeling I remember growing up. Let's hope it lasts and stays on due to real success.

16. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

MACKIE: THE BOYS CAN’T WAIT TO PLAY FOR OLLIE

PUBLISHED

12:30 16th November 2016

by @QPRFC

Jamie Mackie says Ian Holloway has already given training ground a huge lift …

• Jamie Mackie reveals Ian Holloway showed QPR players a movie on his first day back as manager
    • Mackie explains how new boss has given training ground a 'huge lift'
    • Forward says squad can't wait to play for him
    JAMIE Mackie says he and his QPR team-mates can’t wait to play for new manager Ian Holloway.

Ollie’s return to Loftus Road was confirmed on Friday, and the popular figure wasted no time in living up to his reputation for doing things a little differently.

On their first day of training under their new gaffer, the QPR squad were treated to an afternoon viewing of movie ‘Coach Carter’ at the Harlington training ground on Monday.

“He said at the start of the meeting that it might be a bit unconventional, but he got all the staff and players in the canteen to watch it,” Mackie revealed.

“It’s about a basketball team in America who come together and do well, the coach brings them together as a group to succeed, and that’s the sort of message it gets across.

“It might be a bit unconventional, but he’s a great character and he has already given the place a huge lift. Everyone can’t wait to get going now.”
    Despite working with his new boss less than a week, Mackie is already able to cast judgement on Holloway’s character.

“He is more lively than any of the players!” he said. “He welcomes banter and has got more than a few comebacks!

“He loves that aspect of it, and you can see in his face that he has missed being around a football training ground day to day.

“He is a breath of fresh air and all the boys can’t wait to play for him – that’s the type of enthusiasm he brings with him.”

Holloway has made little secret of his desire to get his QPR team playing attacking football, and that’s something which excites Mackie, who is currently working his way back to fitness following an ankle injury.

“One of the areas that needed addressing was scoring goals,” said the former Plymouth and Reading man.

“At Loftus Road, the fans want to see attacking football, they want us to be on the front foot and exciting to watch – hopefully that’s what we are going to be.”

Mackie enjoyed some of his best days as a player during his previous stint at Loftus Road under Neil Warnock, and the 31 year-old says there are comparisons which can be made between the now-Cardiff boss and Holloway.

“There are definitely similarities in terms of their man-management and bringing the lads together,” he said.

“I have worked with so many different managers and they all have different ideas to try and achieve the same goal. Personally, I am really looking forward to working with Ian Holloway, who brings energy and enthusiasm to the place.”

Mackie is yet to feature this season owing to injury, but he is now nearing a return and is typically eager to get back out on the football pitch.

“I have started training and will be getting out soon for full training,” he said.

“It’s been a long slog – I am desperate to get out there and play games.”

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/jamie-mackie-ian-holloway-qpr-manager-3418918.aspx?

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  17. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

QPR999 likes this.
  18. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

19. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Jesse's, Mackie will be running round Loftus Road high fiving basket balls Saturday

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It really does P me off when players come out with this cr2p!
    'MACKIE: THE BOYS CAN’T WAIT TO PLAY FOR OLLIE'
    So does this mean they didn't want to try for Jimmy? It's all the same cr2p regurgitate sound bites.
    Maybe Mackie should concentrate on stop being injured before making these comments. Plus what did he know about plaing under JFH when he spent all his time in the sick room?
    I never thought JFH was the right man for the job but when you read this you start to question the players we have?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    QPR Oslo, sb_73 and seagullhoop like this.