1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours New "Head Coach" Thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Holden Chinaski, May 23, 2016.

1. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Thought that despite all these players we have been talking to and tried to unsuccessfully recruit a British manager, though it is apparent that they didn't try hard enough, that we should have an Official Thread dedicated to rumours, that'll ultimately end up with Nobby Vinegar.

So far there is word of the following:
    • Billy Davis
    • Nigel Atkins
    Be interesting to see if other people think like me; I predict that our next manager will be Nebojša Vignjević and will be announced a week before the start of the season. We won't have a person in place for our opener against Welling United.

2. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

I hadn't considered the possibility of a cyborg but I guess that would actually be conceivable. Just a 'face' to run the operation.

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Maybe they are toying with Cawley, releasing a string of names via his twitter account, then appoint Vinegar in the middle of the Euros. Or the Alcorcon manager. They might on the other hand be serious about wanting a British manager. Remember Murray promising us more British players, and he was as good as his word, we got Williams, Johnson and Poyet:grin:. In which case Neil McDonald's name will appear.

4. Holden Chinaski

Hardly good players. Heard that Billy Davies had a discussion with us.

5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It's apparent there was no plan B to Wilder. This is the problem with the board, there is never a contingency in case of a worst case scenario.

Goes back to dick heads interview with Crawley in February.

6. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

Always been the plan to delay appointing a Head Stooge till the start of the season, saves a couple of months pay in the closed season when he has no one to coach. He won't be involved in transfers so what's the point of paying him earlier.

7. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Bang on Ted <applause>

The longer all this incompetence goes on for the better. It's just adding more fuel to the fire.

8. ForestHillBilly

Cock-up or conspiracy theory? I go for cock-up. They just don't know what they're doing, they don't know how to recruit staff, they have no knowledge of the game, and to boot their reputation stinks.. Roland only knows how to recruit from the Network, trying to change course they are totally lost, so it's cock-up theory for me.

9. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Not a clue. Two and a half years of embarrassing gaffes, shoddy management and eventually relegation. Two and a half years of lies, untruths and silly promises to learn from mistakes. Only the unemployable and long term uesless would want to work for Roland. The word is out. People have seen what goes on at the Valley, and I don't mean the protests. These idiots think they can lie over and over again and no effects will occur, but the football world is a relatively small one, and our club is now seen as a basket case.
    And Meire has the front to stand up in that networking showcase in London and demand to know why people think Charlton is badly run. Truely unique football experience.Two months ago, they weren't even planning for relegation, and now they expect to be able to recruit for a league they probably didn't know existed until Colchester dumped us out of the FA Cup.
    Katrien, just go. You are a pathetic laughing stock, and that could well become a theme for your life if you don't get out of a job you have no capacity to do.

10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

In their talks with Lenny (or rather free consultation under the guise of an interview) ... Lenny suggested Wilder... the regime forgot to ask him for a 'fall back' option and are now struggling having never actually interviewed for a manager before <ok>

11. ForestHillBilly

One of her more jaw-dropping moments. As the Telegraph reporter said "Where do you begin?"

12. Holden Chinaski

I don't think anyone brought it at Telegraph Sport Conference, as most people was "who the **** is this crazy, uninteresting, woman who conducts herself without decorum."

You make a strong point @ken shabby about why anyone would want to work with Doucebág; he's cheap and we've had so many managers. Only those with no principles would end up working for us.

The protests next season will continue, even if we're top of the league (most likely not).

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

When viable candidates meet KM, they will run rings around her. She doesn't know 'football', let alone league one. She's so arrogant, I imagine she won't like any possible manager knowing more.

That's probably why Fraeye lasted as long as he did.

14. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Many a true word spoken in jest. Don't forget that Roland's ethos is that he doesn't like big squads, because that means paying players who can't play every week. He is thinking of writing to UEFA, and asking them to expand teams from 11 to 25 so that he can get a guaranteed run for his money off each player he is paying. Quality players like Solly have been offered to inferior clubs, because RD resents paying them when they are not playing. You can envisage a conversation between Mr Yellow Teeth and his concubine, in which he says:

"why are you employing a Head Coach before July huh ?, the players are on holiday and can't work. Now...while you are down there huh ....."

15. ForestHillBilly

What about the 20 candidates she interviewed before appointing Luzon?

16. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Neatly summed up by Karel Fraeye when asked if the squad needed bolstering.

'The squad is okay - don't forget we cannot play more than eleven players on the pitch at any one time'.

I asume this philosophy was a major reason he got the job in the first place - he understood that a squad with more than eleven players in it was unweildy.

17. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Another senior member of the team quits- sour faced minger Mandy Anderson-Myers finally succumbed under the weight of my dozens of abusive e mails.

Steve Head has been appointed Chief Scout - he has had more clubs than Peter Stringfellow.

Another duff cheapo journeyman on the face of it.

Steve Head employed by DickHead <cheers>

18. deleted.....

Was she the Ticket Office Manager who said that The Bitch was the best Boss she had ever had?

19. Holden Chinaski

Another bitter ex-employee?

20. deleted.....

Perhaps 'The Head' has been brought in to look for a new Head Coach? .... I suggest he saves time and looks in Serbia first <ok>