1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Broomsticks and Bedknobs

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by DicksOut, Oct 1, 2011.

1. DicksOut

DicksOut Member

It's clear something has to change. Frankly, it was obvious to me at the pre-season friendly with West Brom - no ideas, no pattern, players out of position. It looked very much like it would be a hard, hazardous season. And so it goes...

So, what is a realistic way forward? If the board is ambitious - and it keeps saying it is - then it has to spend.

Millen was a cheap option, and not the first. Ambition costs. Empty rhetoric is free. My suspicions are that the board is full of sound and fury (and we all know what that signifies).

However, if it is willing to spend, it has to look for experience, and I mean experience of success.

Of course, it may not be willing to spend. If so, it should be honest and say so.

Of course, it may not be able to spend. Likewise, it should be open about it. We're not stupid. We would understand.

And if we go for this nebulous success-meister, who would it be?

Personally, I would not like it to be Billy Davis. Too many associations with the demon drink, Manchester night clubs and dodgy Scottish 'politicians'.

I am open to Mr Jones, though.

Other candidates?

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Hoddle, Zola, Kirbs, Jones, Southgate, Wlikins???
    Just for pure football, would be either Zola, Wilkins or Hoddle for me..........

Tell you wha,t Zola & Wilkins would be tops!!! Get yer money out SL!!!!!!!!

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Wilkins was a great servant at Chelsea as assistant but was let go for some unknown reason. A combination of Zola and Wilkins would offer a potential management duo that have a wealth of experience both as managers and players but I don't think that SL will push the boat out that far.

Of course we are all making the assumption that KM will leave along with SW aren't we?

Dave Jones would also be a strong contender although he never took Cardiff to the promised land and got the proverbial boot for lack of success. At least he got them closer than we have been for a long time.

Hope the board have the intelligence to get it right this time and not take a cheaper less travelled road.

WE SHALL SEE!

4. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aidy Boothroyd more likely.

5. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....!