1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Net Spends By Club

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Interesting stats...

please log in to view this image

2. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Spurs bottom? Well they might even recoup £5m when they sell Sissoko <laugh>

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Spurs will always be at the bottom of that pile as they're a selling club first and foremost.

4. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

10th isn't bad, and £10m of our sales was previously agreed at the beginning of last season from Thauvin's sale after the initial loan.

Still think we need another 3/4 players in and if they are all around the £10m that'll be the £70m I expected us to spend this summer.

Obviously hopefully we can recoup some of that back in sales as I think we need to shift at least 4 currently to get down to a 25 man squad plus sales to free up space for any incoming players.

TO GO...
    Laazar,
    Hanley,
    Haidara,
    Colback,
    COULD GO...
    Diame
    Mbemba
    De Jong
    Aarons (loan)
    Mitrovic

5. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

I'd say Lazaar, Gamez, Haidara and Mitro are most likely to go, the first 3 hardly played last season and Rafa clearly doesn't rate Mitro.

Unfortunately Rafa clearly does rate Diame and we're unlikely to see the back of him, as for Colback, the flashes of quality he showed at attacking midfield toward the end of the season make me think we should perhaps hang on and give him a chance, as he was clearly out of position when playing DM. I'd be surprised if Mbemba leaves too.

Would love to see Aarons sent packing, but I doubt they'll be any takers. De Jong clearly ain't up to the Prem and we should send him back to the Dutch league.

6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

GAMEZZZZZZ knew there was one I'd forgotten!
    Colback in a more advanced position would be interesting but I'd rather see a proven AM come in but who could we get? Worth a shot I guess.
    Mitro sounded like he had a good first half vs Preston and offers us something different up top so I'd keep.
    Mbemba is the only one I'd physically fight Rafa to keep.
    The rest I'm not to fussed about although Aarons I think has shown glimpses but needs to stay fit BIG season for him!

7. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

If we do have the alleged fund of about £80m then we're doing ok so far - a few more outgoings should top up the pot a bit so we can spend a bit bigger on the positions we know are going to cost - striker, CAM etc

8. Charlie Dogscock

Aint happening, sad to say but he clearly isnt strong enough to be a footballer and will only ever play a handful of games before getting a long term injury.

Always crocked in the Prem, always crocked in the Champ. I really dont think ive ever seen a player whos so incapable of maintaining fitness - even Kieron Dyer and Big Dunc managed decent spells uninjured, but Aarons clearly cant handle it. He makes Siem De Jong look like a man of steel.

leez likes this.
  9. Charlie Dogscock

Its a cautious and savvy approach, and it needs to be really, with the likes of Everton waving their dicks around and thinking about paying £50m for Sigurdsson, it's clearly all about big name signings and the top 8 trying to outdo each other in terms of spend.

We're nicely steering away from that with signings like Jacob Murphy, quality but not at ludicrous price, Sam Clucas would be another good signing for not a huge amount.

RobEllious and Judge Death like this.
  10. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

If the reported fee was correct I would happily snap up Clucas and loan out Arrons to prove his fitness.

Sammy's Silky Skills likes this.

11. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  12. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

They've been saying it for ten years

Ashley said it too

It's a way to keep say we're not spending anything without it sounding like it's their fault

magpie290761 likes this.
  13. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

I will happily bet that Levy will spunk his load on some player before window's end
    Now we just need Mitro to hit a hat trick against Spurs and we can get ourselves another 30 mill

14. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Spurs are a club that competes

15. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

At the top of the table not the bottom though.
    Spurs also spend 30 mill on Sissoko, I'd consider that as the opposite of competing!

G4rdToonArmy likes this.