1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nerdorama

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by saintKlopp, May 26, 2017.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

Exactly.

These stats are also skewed by teams no longer giving a shot when it's already won.

I mean let's face it a party occurred for John Terry while spurs won by 6 on last day so goals scored totally flipped last day.

In the end both spurs and Chelsea have <1goal a game conceeded and >2 goals scored per game so it was draws that scored them out and spurs drew 8.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'm not convinced everyone on here actually enjoys watching football...

Nozzer, saintKlopp and carlthejackal like this.
  3. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Aye. Football is more than the stats which some seem to be obsessed with. It is about the game, the excitement, the glory.

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Let's not forget a good crunching tackle ;-)

Nozzer likes this.
  5. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Where's Flanno when you need him!

6. Jimmy Squarefoot

Which is more enjoyable - winning or scoring a lot of goals? ...

We could draw 3-3 and it's put me in a right mood. I find scrappy 1-0 win more enjoyable

7. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

I enjoy good defending too. I could enjoy a 3-3 more than a 1-0. Depends on the match itself. A 3-3 with us scoring in the last minute of injury time could be very satisfying but it could be very frustrating in the last match against Boro ;) Depends on context too.
    That is why it is so difficult to look at just stats. Watching the match is crucial.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  8. Jimmy Squarefoot

Actually, you can ask the question at two stages - did you enjoy the match itself, or do you enjoy the result?

I agree - a 3-3 is very entertaining for that 90 min period. But the 1-0 is more enjoyable after the 90 mins until the next game.

9. saintKlopp

My recent experiments in controversial thread making have established two things for me:
    1. A lot of fans are just interested in the result regardless of how it's achieved or the actual process of watching the game.
    2. Many are way too obsessed with Utd.

Now if that doesn't bring the sky down on my head nothing will. :)
    please log in to view this image

10. moreinjuredthanowen

Dropping a bomb and running is always good.

saintKlopp likes this.

11. LuisDiazgamechanger

Obsesed with united??.They can marry united and we excommunicate them.

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Main reason I liked him tbh

Soom fall into both categories

13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Some men just want to watch the world burn ...

saintKlopp likes this.
  14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think your perspective on entertainment vs winning is altered if you're a match goer tbh.

We all want to see great winning football, but if you're travelling a distance to a game and enjoying the whole match day experience then you want to see a win irrespective of the manner it's delivered imo, as a long journey home is always much better after seeing your side get the 3 points.

If you're just turning on the TV and you want to be entertained before turning it off and getting on with the rest of your day, you haven't got the same level of emotional attachment imo.

15. saintKlopp

Interesting point, but I still can't agree.
    I've spent many years since my childhood going to every home game and some away ones. For various reasons over the last decade or so I've been reduced to TV only. I know both situations well, and my attitude is no different, tbh.
    Perhaps entertainment isn't a great word because it makes it sound like a variety show or something. I want to watch good football, something that gets me excited, whether it be individual skills, fluid teamwork, and even the odd controversial refereeing decision.
    I fully accept that there are people who appreciate strong defensive play so I think the crucial factor is your own personality. It just depends what you want from a game, and we're all different.
    I think that passion and emotional involvement is what brings us to watch football so I feel vaguely let down when I'm just bored for 90 minutes.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

I reckon the dissatisfaction of a loss or dull draw is heightened. I reckon a lot of mancs were very frustrated sitting at the toilet being so constipated this year. wins a win yeah but i think football here is radically different to football in other countries where basically I think only away fans exhibit the same crowd engagement these days.

Compare any serious club round europe's "kop" to most of the top clubs in england. Not just us or utd or city. Theres no comparison.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

A good or bad result will affect my mood.

When its done with boring football, it most definitely makes me question team tactics etc especially if you get draws.

When you play good football and win its great and even a draw isn't the end of the world.

Give me ****ty football and wins over a good football and draws but ideally you would want to marry the two.

I actually wasn't sad to see mourinho go in 2006/07 as i thought his football had gotten us far enough and we'd never win the CL with his brand of football. I was wrong though, RDM won with the most defensively dour football ever. It was beautiful though that it won even though for the neutrals it was probably pretty ****ty.

18. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, it was a magical night for Chelsea but the game was horrible. It reminded me of greece in the Euros.

BobbyD likes this.