1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Negative Reaction To Early Season Ticket Sales.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

If more fans had been as fickle as me since the seventies Ashton Gate would need to hold 50000. watched City in al, divisions even away in the anglo Italian cup and done tours to Sweden and latvia. stopped watching City due to LJ not really missing it and will not be renewing my season ticket. going to spend more time on the house family and attempting to get fit v spending endless saturdays on trains to away games.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Whilst appreciating what WIZ stated below, and it is a hundred percent of what the human race should be about, within sensible,legal and logical reasoning I wonder....

What might be the reaction should we stay up, and next season finish 7th! with the same management team from SL downwards, the squad with at least 20 of this years crop and maybe a couple of additions, one likely is Tammy's replacement or is SL brave enough to offer Chelsea a deal !
    What if the plan had been put together that we would start with a clean sheet ( hatched sometime February 2016 - August 2016 ). Whilst there has been a bit of "updating / clarification via SL / Ashton there does seem to be a vein of consistency "we understand the fans concerns but stick with us there is a plan, and we are sticking to it, because previous ones we have been condemned for not doing so!" even to the point of inviting fans to vent their frustrations after the game not during it, thus supporting the team and not distracting them from their purpose.
    Have never taken on a project that has had it pitfalls? gone on a holiday/s that has never had a hiccup, planned an event that has been screwed up because a, b or c didn't happen ... then you are one hell of a lucky person, or not yet over 21......
    comment is above

3. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I will also be having a rest next season, I will attend when the fancy takes me and I sincerely hope that is to watch a championship side.

Dont despair too much at my loss though. I have held a season ticket for 22 seasons with only 1 season break and that was 2014 /15 the double winning season under Cotterill, where I attended pretty much every game and went away loads. Also, I was in Dublin on Friday night for Paddys day and the rugby so there is a theme starting here!

My reason is not just about LJ, (although I am completely unimpressed by him) but I have had a guts full of giving my money to a still inept organisation that cant seem to run a piss up in a brewery and appear to think they are doing you a favour by having you as a customer. The box experience has been woeful this season. £2k left in the bank account next season and I won't miss that at all (except the company!)

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

So just a little catch up about season tickets ~

Shiny/ Cliftonville/ Red Robin/ Wizered/ Redprintt/ Banksy/ Red Alert have all indicated not replacing season tickets next season..

gdknac/ ROD/ smh/ Onefor have all indicated renewing next season regardless..

Tom is renewing but holding off for a while..

It doesn't make good reading to me, it indicates Bristol City FC are losing a lot of ticket sales next season but we are all still fans, something must be wrong, I had better find those glasses..
    please log in to view this image

Red Robin likes this.
  5. johngalleyfan2

Should you be able translate the above 7 not and 4 doing it against the current ST holders it would equate to a disaster. I haven't held a season ticket for years, as I get older seems I have less time on weekends to fit everything in so my attendance is ad hoc, so not really able to say a definitive yes or no. Going on my current take of the situation I think I would if I was a current regular attendee as I have been in the past I would renew.
    However, on our board we have a dozen or so voiciferous posters for and against the present regime. The Lee out/ hate Lee camp by far the more voiciferous and so you would expect that camp to have more I am not's. I have not really joined in to much argument about Lee / THE MANAGEMENT except making occasional comments and supporting the club and team. So "being neutral to a degree, transferring the 7 v 4 to the whole of the 17,000? St's and noting the reasons given it is likely the 64% on here ("not") will not affect, or impact to the same degree the general sale come KO next. this season new ground/stand / seating had the "uplift" had we finished mid table... and a few on here advocated this it is likely a drop would have occurred anyway, but not so drastic as "may" happen..............

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't think season ticket sales will drop from 14500 to 6000 ( Odd figures not specific John) but my point is and was it looks as if there will be a large drop in season ticket demand and it is down in the main to the Johnson Jnr factor but of course there are other areas that need attention.

My sincere hope is we keep our status, I want us to win as many of our remaining fixtures as possible and succeed, that of course is the fan in me speaking who's family won't be buying a total of 5 tickets.

7. johngalleyfan2

IT IS LIKE HOW LONG IS A BIT OF STRING
    Should the worst happen and we finish up in LGE 1 would the ST be as dramatic as maybe staying in the Champs? At last the strongest team in Div 1 LOOKS LIKE GETTING PROMO.. so whats left is not really looking that hard! Would a season of winning Lge 1 and maybe a cup? be that bad... 100's of player a year have been so close to winning something and never do even after 20 years of playing!
    I still think we will avert disaster, as the fixtures for the bottom 9 teams I put up suggest ... Burton really do looked doooooomed on paper with whom they have to play, I cant see them getting more than 8 points, in fact my forcast has them down for just 2 ! which means we need 9!

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

What! after being told we will be playing in Europe in 5 years..

There is absolutely no guarantee of returning back to the championship, the second part of your sentence would accentuate that point.

9. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

I sit with my Dad and brother - all of us with STs. We have decided not to renew due mainly to LJ being totally uninspiring as a leader. I suspect it will be easier to get POTD next season anyway so we can just pick the games we want. Mid week games are difficult for me anyway as I travel up from South Devon.

Red Robin likes this.
  10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If we do get relegated and fall into the clutches of Derby days against the Sags.
    Then there will be a drop in season tickets resulting in a loss of revenue.
    However win the first 6 games in league one will then increase the POTD buyers £10 higher than season ticket holders prices. If that then continues it will then be an increase in revenue.
    Or we lose the first few games LJ gets sacked and the ones who said they won't be going whilst he's in charge will possibly come back as POTD tickets.

Like Banksy said the promotion winning year, didn't renew his season ticket but went to big majority of the games probably giving the club more revenue than if he purchased a season ticket.

Reason why I'm renewing is I went years not going due to my two boys having no interest in football and spending time with them resulted in me giving up my time in going. I even missed the play off season in the championship, and the play off final due to daughter had an op the day before.
    So I've been there missing football once every fortnight and it's difficult to get back into it again. But it's not the same watching football scores coming in on a Saturday.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I have never known a season like this, and find it depressing as to how our Manager has polarised opinions and divided support of him so completely amongst us fans.

12. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Us four not renewing plus the £60.00 we spend on drink and food in Bedmister every home game.
    Lansdown has a lot to answer for.

13. johngalleyfan2

it does, and Sheff Utd is a case in question .. 5 -6 years?

14. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Can they still catch us?

15. johngalleyfan2

the mystery of " 2017/18 "
    q1 will we play them
    q2 will we beat them/ get most points from H & A
    q3 will we finish higher than them?

16. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

we're renewing ours as what else would we do on a Saturday

RedorDead and gdknac like this.
  17. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Have fun tiger - remember fun?

18. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

is that a band?

19. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

That's Fun. With a full stop ain't it?

I'm actually looking forward to a season knowing there's no chance of bumping into RR ;)

20. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We all have our different dreams ROD.

Red Robin likes this.