1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Need A New Thread On LJ Don't We?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by ibodyslamrhinos, Feb 14, 2017.

1. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Touting him to be the next Eddie Howe to be honest. Has his critics now, which I find completely unjustified. Just needs a bit of time, backing and support. We are so close to becoming a very very dangerous team to play against. Only a game or two away from greatness I'd say. Johnson in!!

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Yep Johnson in, if you want league one footy next season.
    Chatting to a couple of gas fans today,they are looking forward to the Derbys next season.
    I said it is very very likely under the choosen one.

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Or we could have a manager that knows the championship inside out.......................................................Steve Bruce anyone?

Yes, all the decent managers are queuing up at Ashton Gate as we speak!!

4. ibodyslamrhinos

League 1 is amazing, that's my favourite league. You obviously have a short memory and are forgetting Tinnion at the helm losing a tight home game 0-2 to Colchester, wonderful, wonderful times.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

****sake grow up and stop trying to belittle people who choose to stay positive with him.
    I was in the LJ out camp for a while but never felt the need to run posters down who stayed in camp.

6. ibodyslamrhinos

I'm unequivocal in my support for him now! Stop being sweary, this is a board of peace and civility, not savages!

Red Robin likes this.
  7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Use your swear filter if it upsets you petal

8. ibodyslamrhinos

I do cupcake but I can still see it's an anti social word. Don't be such a brute, we are all men of decency here.

9. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Yeah
    Cut out the swearing ffs

RedorDead likes this.
  10. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

Get real, LJ is going nowhere, we will survive, just!

ibodyslamrhinos likes this.

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

The only get real i see---- 1 win in 17 any normal club he would have been long gone.

Bottom three, and relegation, we are fooked under this manager.

Bristol City and Bristol Rugby both relegated wait and see.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  12. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

ibodyslamrhinos trying to be a parody of a user who doesn't exist. Not entirely sure who he's trying (and failing) to take the piss out of.

13. ibodyslamrhinos

No one at all. I harbour no resentment to anyone's opinion on this board as it's just that, their opinion and everyone is entitled to their say.

The only people I tend to disagree with are the ones who fervently believe their opinions are above everyone else's and continue to slate them for it.

Not parodying anyone though, just trying to make light of a bad situation and another disappointing night. The people taking this thread as if it's aimed at them, I'd tell them not to be so self conscious and delicate. We all support the same club and it's a daft to see some proclaim they are bigger and better fans because they are fine to support a failing manager for longer.

As I have said over a dozen times in the last couple of weeks (although as I write this I already know this will be ignored), I accept LJ is here to stay and have moved on. Team has my support, he doesn't. The inevitable is around the corner for him. But hoping we can still get results in the meantime.

BCFCRob and Red Robin like this.
  14. oneforthebristolcity

I actually think that's quite a sensible reply!
    I like you, just want what's best for our club, for me LJ could have been the ideal young manager that loves the club. What I do despair is those who just hates LJ for who he is (like it's his fault).
    What I like about him, although he's small in stature he has balls, especially the way he was treated by some fans while he was a player here........IMO we have had a lot lot worse. Again because he was picked by his Father in front of others, fairly or unfairly, I believe he always gave 100% and I think he does the same as manager.....weather it's been good enough, most would say not..which under our poor form is understandable.......
    It just doesn't seem to be working for him, also I believe he's been unlucky and I do understand you can't be unlucky in every game..but the costly mistakes that some of our players have made have been crucial to the odd goal that we've lost or drawn to.
    The answer to most, is we should change the manager, but like I've said on many threads, with what's out there, it's as much of a gamble to get a new man in as to keep LJ..
    Bloody weird league, with Brucey struggling with Villa and Derby letting in 7 goals in two games.......who's to know what will happen with what games we have left....just hope LJ turns it around.
    NB. The only manager in this league, you can 95% rely on to get you out the **** is NW, (even though I hate his style of football) he does know how to get the job done..
    Can't see him coming to us half way through a season..

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It is a weird league but we are also not taking advantage of things when golden opportunities come our way, which to me is the most frustrating and unforgivable thing of all.

I certainly wasn't a LJ hater during his time here as a player, but I lost faith in him as a Manager who can achieve anything a couple of months ago, and have seen little evidence since to change my mind.

16. oneforthebristolcity

I understand that, but again I stress, who could come in and sort our season out? I'm all for it, if the right manager is out there, or even one that I think could do a job.....that's available!

17. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Fair enough. It absolutely does come across as if you're parodying a user (or group of) that are all pro-LJ, despite the fact that I don't see any on here. But my bad if I misinterpreted.

18. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Can't really argue with this. Well said Sir.

19. ibodyslamrhinos

I don't think anyone is particularly pro LJ anymore to be honest mate. Just LJ tolerable. Wasn't a dig at anyone, little point complaining post after post, we all know how each of us feels towards the situation by now.

Would have been nice had he worked out here and silenced a few critics from his playing days but obviously not meant to be. Who knows though, Leicester won the prem so stranger things could happen.

BCFCRob likes this.
  20. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Well as an example, Swansea City seem to have picked Paul Clement out of almost thin air and he's possibly going to save them from the dreaded drop.
    When I saw thin air I know he was at Derby and was dismissed...