1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nedum Onuoha Video

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Feb 13, 2017.

1. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

There have been far worse value for money signings though.

WalsallHoop likes this.
  2. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

Definitely - Would never put Onouha on a par with Bosingwa, Granero, Wright-Phillips, Diakite, Ferdinand(s) etc.

Interesting that your own immediate response is that there's far worse in the VFM stakes - not that he's good value.

If that is your position - we're aligned, and probably nothing left to say on the subject - he's a nice guy and did not deserve that on social media.

3. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

For anyone that hasn't yet tuned in, it really is an entertaining listen (irrespective of anyone's opinions on Ned) and on an ongoing basis they speak with players and staff from the past and that present that helps to draw a fuller picture of our club...

Cheers.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  4. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Which is a good thing is it not, open honest debate?

On the other note, it's also interesting when a poster take his or her meaning from a comment and then adds their own to create a falsehood that offence can be derived from.

To also save confusion, I did and do believe you meant what you stated in your original post, I simply disagree vehemently with the position you take.

You stated originally "It saddens me so many people on Twitter seem ok with this - it's really not terribly supportive from someone who identifies themselves as a fan"

The inference being a true fan shouldn't criticise a player by cobbling together clips of said player making a range of errors and you are a true fan. He or her therefore is not.

So in the context of what has been presented I suggest you have and did signal virtue in the stated manner

Lets also not forget that the same fan also created an additional vid, posted up by 9's to create balance. Had you suggested the original video was a crass and insensitive way of provoking debate I would have agreed with you, but stated the need for the debate.

However you preceeded your quoted comment above with "There is no justification for this - none." which is your just opinion and not an objective fact in my eyes.

I hope you understand why I feel my comments are and remain justified and I could go into greater detail as to how I can further justify them but I don't wish to hijack the thread, and enough is enough.

We're all entitled to our opinions and how we go about stating them and should embrace that freedom not deny it

PS Youtube have a cool homage to you, I think.

5. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Was the intent to provoke people? Almost certainly.

Was the intent to provoke debate? Not sure... but if I wanted to attract a lot of attention to myself, I am sure posting something controversial to social media would be a pretty effective way of doing it.

6. Welsh_Ranger

Welsh_Ranger Member

imo he is our worst player and makes so many mistakes, him Perch, Caulker and Henry are just not good enough other than them I really like all of our players. Come on you R'SSSS

7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Well the worse player.. gave us the win on Tuesday night with his tackle in the 94th minute..the rest of our players must be f...ing amazing then..

seagullhoop likes this.
  8. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

I could reply a broken clock.....but he does have good games and can be very physical, hence the need/want for the debate.

If this thread or even the silly vid make Ned re-evaluate his game and perform better even his detractors will welcome it.