1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread NCFC vs QPRcelona

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 7, 2017.

1. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Not a professional one unless he's got some qualification that no one on here seems aware of

https://www.thepfa.com/coaching/courses/qualifications

All that's been said is that the experienced players, in this case Hoolahan and Martin, should use their experience to help out less experienced players, which is what I would have thought every team player should be doing. The fact that he's mentioned it suggests that maybe not all our players have been good team players. The team certainly didn't seem to be functioning very well on the pitch under AN.

What concerns me more is his comments seems to suggest that Hoolahan & particularly Martin have a leadership role to play going forward, which leads me to suspect that Martin will remain as team captain & be a regular first team player next season. I can also see Pritchard being sold and possibly Naismith with Hoolahan staying as our first choice attacking midfielder. I can't see that working out too well over the season and certainly doesn't bode well for the future.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I actually posted last week that maybe Hoolahan could gain his coaching badges with us .<ok>
    I assume Huckerby has already gone down this route.

Forgot_My_Lines likes this.
  3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I don't think Wes staying means that Pritchard will necessarily be leaving, canario. I doubt that SW would want a 34 and 30 year-old options at the same position. If he stays, Naismith is more likely to play WR as he has been doing lately. Wes can also play WL (or even WR, as he did against QPR to good effect).

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But that surely takes us back to square pegs in octagonal holes again, and this season proved that doesn't necessarily work. So it would be a retrograde step.
    Please let's play people in their favoured / strongest positions, rather than shoehorn them in any old where just because a) they're good, b) we like them or c) they cost us a lot of money. :emoticon-0112-wonde

carrowcanario and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

But Wildshut can play both wings centre mid number 10 and even striker.
    He has mostly been utilised on the bench watching 2 brothers that cost us nothing do a dammed good job of playing left wing .
    We knew this before shelling out £7m on him .
    He has to be 3rd choice left wing next season maybe 4th or 5th even ?

JM Fan likes this.
  6. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

That's one of the things that really annoyed me about AN, he spent most of the money on recruiting players to cover positions we already had players for whilst ignoring the obvious positions we needed to strengthen. He then decide to play players in less favoured positions just to justify his purcahses. If only we'd got rid of him earlier.

7. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I'd say Naismith's best position is now WR, that is where his best performances have come from.

Personally I'd sell Naismith and Hoolahan, and Andreu don't forget.

carrowcanario likes this.
  8. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Naismith's best position is Left Back .....................

........................ in the dressing room <whistle>

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  9. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Just takes a touch of common sense. Otherwise no player would ever stay in the game after they stop playing. Which would be mental!

10. Forgot_My_Lines

He'll be released on a free, like the rest of our costly mistakes. I said at the time,When 3M was talked about, I thought "not a priority, but might give us another option" when suddenly the deal went through and it was 7M I was incensed! Such a waste of money, yet again!!

Pritchard sat out most of the season, Jacob impressing Josh Impressed the later stages of the season. Canos in the reserves then sold for next to nothing, and he's gone on to pick up where he left off, and rip the division apart.

We spend 7M on him when we need defenders was insane management of the club. Then just release many players who have value. I haven't understood what they are playing at for so long now. It's as if I let my mates 4 years old make decisions based on his whim!

K E M P likes this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Totally agree with that!!! <applause>

12. Forgot_My_Lines

Thank you.

: ncfc