1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

National League 2015

Discussion in 'GAA' started by RebelBhoy, Feb 1, 2015.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

i'm hiding like a kid waiting for moth without seeing the scores til it's on the box.

Cork lost the Waterford Crystal final last night to Limerick.

2. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Cork beat the Dubs reserves. Up in Monaghan next week.... I can't be bothered going. Just that bit too far.

Mayo beat a barely bothered Kerry whilst wearing nice new shirts.

Monaghan beat up Tyrone.

Donegal beat Derry.

3. MCK1

MCK1 Active Member

The Monaghan / Tyrone game was a strange one. Tyrone looked on a different level for the opening 20mins with a 5 point lead which could/should have been greater then once Monaghan found their shape the red hands fell asunder scoring only twice in next 50 minutes.
    Worrying start for my county, points might be hard to find in this campaign with a trip to Castlebar next up

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Was it half an hour the lights wee out for? It looked like Monaghan had the measure of them by that stage but it can't have helped.

5. MCK1

MCK1 Active Member

Yeah lights went out at the start of the 2nd half for half an hour but monaghan had the momentum by that stage and it just continued when they eventually took to the field again

6. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

14 man Dubs beat Donegal. 2-10 to 0-11

James Regan’s scored a 68th-minute goal in the Walsh cup final for Galway to beat the Dubs 1-22 to 1-20.

7. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

The Dublin v Donegal game was a bit of a dirty game, a lot of off the ball stuff from both teams. Donegal are very reliant on Michael Murphy and I think they would struggle beat anyone in div 1 without him, he's a beast but its not good to be relying on him so much. Dublin were ****e in all honesty but it was better than last week and a fairly weak team out so a positive result.

8. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jack McCaffrey looks like a man all of a sudden. Some footballer.

9. MCK1

MCK1 Active Member

McCaffery made some impact when he came on alright.
    The game was a bit fiesty, that wee bit of needle probably carried over from last years Championship semi when some observers thought Dublin paniced a bit in the face of a challange. So although although 2nd round of the league is a long way from games in August the Dubs were probably looking to lay down a wee marker

10. Rubadub

True, also what was noticeable was the amount of players Dublin got behind the ball when they were defending, I think you might see some semi puke football from Dublin this summer.

From the other games the performance of Colm O' Neill stood out for me, on his day he is one of the best to watch and its good to see him back to his best.

11. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

He deserves it. He's had to work hard to get back to where he is. I don't know how he'll go in the summer but it's great to see him fit and healthy.

Roscommon look a coming side after beating Down.

I can't see anything seriously coming from below D1 but having a higher standard across the provinces can only be good.

12. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

A good win for Cok at the weekend . A total turnaround from the KK game.

The Dubs beat KK and beat them well. KK had a man sent off harshly, a man sent off deservedly.... And so t
    Did the Dubs. The Dubs inexplicably let them back into the game.... But still won.

Limerick beat Antrim up in Ballycastle and DERRY beat Westmeath. A bit of a shock there. A last minute goal too. derry' two goals came from two lads from our club. We finished with 4 on the pitch... Not bad for a junior club.

13. Rubadub

Im impressed with what Ger Cunningham is doing with Dublin already, I know its only two league games but he has put his stamp on the team already by making some great positional changes.

The big ball league throws up some good fixtures this weekend. Good weekend of Irish sport in general. Frampton fight Sat, rugby on Sun. Hope they both win.

14. MCK1

MCK1 Active Member

Best fixture on paper has to be the old romantic pairing of the Dubs and Kerry (dubs to take the win) and I'll hope to go and see the "love thy neighbour" bloodbath at Healy pk on sat night, c'mon the red hands

15. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not going to Ballyshannon on Sunday. If it was Letterkenny or Ballybofey I'd go....just a wee bit too far.

16. Rubadub

A decent game in Killarney considering the hailstone blizzards. Both teams will take a bit from that game, I never expected to even get close to beating Kerry with that Kinsella guy reffing the game. He clearly hates Dublin and should be shot for that performance yesterday. If that fat mess is one of the best refs we have then the game is in trouble, he can barely walk without being out of breath.

17. MCK1

MCK1 Active Member

Kinsella getting a lot of big games recently, not a fan.
    Conditions in Omagh were virtually unplayable sideways rain being driven by 30-40 mile an hour winds, players did well to stand up never mind play football. I reckon the game would have been off if it hadn't been on the telly with a fair amount of water lying on 4 or 5 areas on the field

18. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad I never went. Lost by 1 point going on 10. Donegal are a shower of bastards for fouling. It's effective, but it's not football.

I was gonna do a thread on congress but most stuff got voted down. The new hurling penalty rule looks better.

Derry won again in the hurling beating London over in Ruislip. Some form for the Oak leafers.

19. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Clare and Tipp on Sunday. Looking forward to that.
    Kerry Vs a Cork in Football..... Not looking forward to that.

Double header at Celtic Park.

Derry Vs Carlow
    Derry Vs Mayo.

I'll head to the small ball but not hang about for the big baw. The Sellick game in on.

20. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Cork Hurlers destroyed the Dubs...the game was like a challenge match after 10 minutes.

Incredible how things can turn around. It goes to show that the only real thing to worry about is not getting relegated.