1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nathan Dyer

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by apetswan, Sep 10, 2012.

1. apetswan

apetswan Member

Just heard the news that Nathan has missed out again on the England squad, instead Woy has opted to call up Lallana an Sterling, both excellent players I have to add but seriously, what more does Nath have to do?
    He was one of the most consistent wingers in prem last season and this season already has 2 goals and 2 assists from 3 games.

Lallana and Sterling have neither, note do they have the experience of playing at the top level for more than 3 games.

Does this mean that to get picked for England you can't play for a 'foreign' club? Or one considered to be unfashionable? Does Nath have to leave Swansea to even think about an England call up? I'm perplexed by Woys selection, unless he's seeing something that I'm clearly not?

I couldn't really careless about England, and how they perform but I would love to see Nathan play or his country as I'm sure it's one of his dreams. Every swans fan, or football fan for that matter, who has watched him over the past few seasons would agree he at least deserves a chance.

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

ape i have just gone back to an old thread i started about the very same thing. It is just absolutely f**king disgusting.

3. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Agree it's a joke. The worse thing about this is it will be clear to our best players that for them to get international recognition they need to move away...that said, I'm surprised Sinclair wasn't selected now he's at a glamour club, he must still smell of Swansea....

4. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

Why are some Swans fans so paranoid?

5. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the bad old days when Glamorgan cricketers couldn't buy a cap no matter how well they played. It became so bad that some of the test match players readily conceded that they weren't playing as well as the Glamorgan guys who had been shamelessly overlooked. Pathetic.

On a selfish note, it helps our club that Dyer isn't risking injury by playing for England. But I'm gutted for him because I believe that he deserves it and I absobloodylutely hate tunnel-visioned bias and injustice. Don't fret, Nathan, your time will come.

6. trundles left foot

7. SA9JACK

SA9JACK Active Member

I can't help thinking that Hodgson's England appointment was bad news for any of our English players. We done the double over West brom last season and Hodgson refused to give us any credit either time, instead taking the good old 'we had an off day' line.
    Harry on the other hand was full of praise when we pulled one back for a draw at home, and even conceded that we were the better team and that any future England manager should take a look at the way we play. I saw that as a hint that if he was getting the job, he'd have had England playing football and may have included a Swan or two

8. trundles left foot

Sa cant help but agree with you. He did the same when we played Fulham in the Fa cup.

9. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

10. VETCHETARIAN

VETCHETARIAN Active Member

You beat me to the Glamorgan comparison,ivor. I remember those days very well. Glamorgan dominated the game for a while but the players were ignored. The English team were being beaten on a regular basis,and even English followers of the game were deluging the Press as to why Glamorgan players were being ignored.
    In the end Wilf Wooller sent the MCC a route map of The M4 down as far as Swansea. You had to love that man.
    It paid off,in as much as a few did eventually get picked,but they were discarded as quickly as was possible.

11. ThatThereSaintsFan

ThatThereSaintsFan Well-Known Member

To be fair we're hardly fashionable! I think dyer should have gone instead of sterling, Lallana deserves it no doubt about that.

12. NamJack

NamJack Active Member

I think Sterling being called up is more to do with the fact that Jamaica are considering calling him up, (He qualifies for them too). Maybe make him feel 'wanted' by the England management. It wouldn't surprise me if England are comfortable, Roy could throw him on for 5 minutes at the end, to make up his mind for him. Surely there is no way in hell that he really is ahead of Nathan in the pecking order.

13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Shocking and obvious bias against the Swans, and Dyer is paying the penalty. Simple.

My only concern is that as others have said Nathan realises that he'll have to move to a bigger club to play for his country.

14. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Not necessarily a bigger club, Knack, just an English club.

15. SA9JACK

SA9JACK Active Member

I know there's a lot of crap on twitter, but I just found this...

The Football Front @ ReviewFootball 6h
    Reports say FA overlooked Nathan Dyer as they thought he was
    Welsh... Right, if that is true, the FA's scouts are idiots. Just
    idiots.

That can't be true surely...can it??

16. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

Wales will have him!

17. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Really can't see that being true.

18. crcjack

crcjack Member

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Dyer will get his chance when the time is right, the england manager thinks there are a couple of preferred players ahead of him at this point of time. It is his prerogative as the manager to call up who he sees can do the job for England and nothing to do with him playing for Swansea....A different manager might see things different and choose dyer and then again he might not......If he keeps improving and stays in the headlines then his chance will come but just because he is our player does not make him the best...we may think he is as we see him all the time but others wont have that opinion...

20. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Dai, you're wrong there, I've been speaking with fans of lots of different Prem clubs, and all feel Dyer is currently the most in form English winger in the Premier (and has probably been so for the last 8-12 months) bar NONE. This isn't a case of us seeing things through rose-tinted specs and just us complaining that Roy Hodgson seems to be missing an in-form player for no apparent reason.