1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Name change discussion

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by RicardoHCAFC, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Which is exactly why he will continue to prosecute his deranged argument against the supporters. Yes, against the supporters, as I think we are the new focus for his bile.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Izzy Furness ‏@izzyfurnessx 47m
    @NoToHullTigers met Geoff Hurst yesterday and noticed my notohulltigers badge and he said why would you ever want to change a name!

3. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Now we're in the FA Cup final & we'll receive global coverage.. making a name-change even more unnecessary

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I noticed yesterday that avaricious, hook-nosed, desert-wandering 'chosen one' David Gold has waded into our concluded name-change debate:

please log in to view this image

PS. How does somebody who can't spell 'their' gain control of a football club?

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

3 dots

Edit - I've pointed out his errors, both of them.

6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I've thought that for a very long time, in fact from the moment fans voiced opposition against it.

7. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I know what you mean and agree, but he blamed the hooligans, the fans were the silent majority who wished him well. Allegedly! :emoticon-0105-wink:

8. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;X--Ly7pL8aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X--Ly7pL8aw[/video]

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Good stuff from Martin Samuel(you get a mention Polly)...

In an interview with Sportsmail last week, Dr Assem Allam talked of making Hull City a global entity simply by changing the name to Hull Tigers. Monday’s column – here – challenged that idea and so did quite a lot of you. It’s nice that we agree sometimes. Contrary to what you might think, I really don’t enjoy confrontation. And to prove it, here’s a brilliant and jaundiced denunciation of the education system and some of the spiteful freaks within it, masquerading as bouncy, cheery sing-a-long by some nice chaps from Hull. The debate’s below, too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-West-Ham-hardly-Manchester-United-harm.html

10. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Check you out Polly! Name checked!

Samuel just went right up in my estimation, apart from having the balls to respond to all those comments, he slipped in a Fall video. ****ing loved them.

11. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

The reporter has a good list of sporting clubs with tigers in their name: "Claremont Tigers, Gleneig Tigers, Hobart Tigers (Australian Football), Eastern Suburbs Tigers, Wests Tigers (Australia, rugby league), Melbourne Tigers (Australia, basketball); Chittagong Tigers (Bangladesh, cricket); Castleford Tigers (England, rugby league), Leicester Tigers (England, rugby union), Brighton Tigers (England, ice hockey); Hanshin Tigers (Japan, baseball); Frisk Tigers (Norway, ice hockey); Kia Tigers (South Korea, baseball); Auburn Tigers, Clemson Tigers, Colorado College Tigers, LSU Tigers, Memphis Tigers, Missouri Tigers, Princeton Tigers, RCC Tigers, Towson Tigers (United States, athletics), Detroit Tigers (United States, baseball). In addition, the Bangladesh cricket team are nicknamed The Tigers, as are the Royal Leicestershire Regiment, the aerobatic display team from RAF 74 Squadron and the Tamil separatists in Sri Lanka. Tigers may be endangered in the jungle, but they are growing exponentially on sports fields near you. This is a short-list, only. There are 46 college teams called the Tigers in America alone."

12. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

Could you please send this list to Mr Allam.

13. rickerlus

rickerlus New Member

14. swftiger

swftiger Well-Known Member

So it's common then?

15. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

TFT's always worth a laugh

http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?page=forum&forum_id=8&thread_id=18614

"I'm in front of Lambo for a change here!

I've just had a meeting today with a well-known and prominent local businessman, who is also a massive City fan and he's disclosed some amazing news to me.

I asked him if it was okay to let fellow City fans know about this (on this forum) - and he said "go ahead if you want to, just don't mention my name."

I felt it was my duty to share it with you all....

Apparently the Allams still want to push ahead with the name change because, riding on it, they have a sponsorship deal lined up with KELLOGS (Tony The Tiger) to the tune of £50,000,000 !!!

They've also got another massive sponsorship avenue lined up with TIGER BEER, but he doesn't know the exact details of that deal.

Problem is that both of them are keen on the name of "Hull Tigers F.C."

This is true and is genuine information from someone I trust implicitly.

I think these sponsorship deals could be "Greeeeaaat" (as Tony would say) - but I can't see why they can't agree the deals as Hull City AFC as THE TIGERS.

Surely that should be enough for them?

Anyway, this is TRUE and is happening in the background right now and he said he wasn't bothered if I shared it with you lot on here.

So, there you go, I've done it."

Some of the reactions are ****ing funny

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Even though he seems to have bought the bullshit hook, line and sinker, I love this analogy.

18. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Tiger Beer are not interested.

I spoke to their international marketing manager and had several emails form him on the subject over a course of a couple of months. Barcelona are their focus and we do not get a look in as Hull Tigers. Its too weak. As he he said why would a brand that uses the Tiger already need another Tiger link, it doesn't work.

The company that could have been a major sponsor Bharti Mittal Telecommunications is involved in a corruption trial and has possibly dropped any involvement for the time being.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I think TFT's been on the magic mushrooms.