1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My Dream has Died

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by southernfox, Feb 25, 2017.

1. southernfox

southernfox Member

I can’t put in to words how upset I feel over the sacking of Claudio, let’s just have an honest look at his tenure?

As an LCFC supporter for over 55 years I seen the best and the worst of Leicester’s form over the years more bad than good! We are the original yoyo club a couple of years doing OK and the next few years playing rubbish and being relegated. However if you are a true supporter you take it on the chin and keep the faith.

We all know that Claudio’s appointment was not everyone’s choose as manager, however we soon saw some signs that just maybe we could survive in the PL and do OK never did we guess where it would end up last year as Champions of the PL and also qualifying for the Champions league.

So now the 2016/17 season we played some great teams pre-season but it was not long before our form in the PL came under some media scrutiny but our Champion league form was good finishing top of our group! Wow hang on a minute Leicester City finishing top of a Champion league group I must be dreaming? We also had a good run in the Cup getting to the last 16 just using our second string of players in the main, when most years we couldn’t do this using our first team. Then we played Sevilla in the CL away who are rated as one of the top 6 sides in Europe and we come away losing 2-1, so all we need is a 1-0 win at Home and we are through to the quarter finals of the Champions League. Hang on now I am really kicking myself to believe that LCFC could be in the last 8 of the Champion league, I must have died and gone to heaven!!

Now just read that last paragraph again and tell me truthfully that that’s a bad season for Leicester City Football Club?

*****News Flash**** Claudio has been sacked he says that his “dream has died” well now so has mine and many other true Leicester supporters.

jambawamba likes this.
  2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

All of what you say is true and I too have followed the mighty Foxes for a while (40+ yrs) but you left out one critical point. 18th in the Premier League. Unfortunately when you have millions of pounds in your business at stake, sentiment isn't going to cut it.

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

And there was no sign it was getting better in the league. The defeat at Swansea was the final nail.

4. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Nail on the head hit there by bucks fox. Sickening but true the swansea result undoubtedly sealed it. We saw the chairman shaking his head and probably at that moment the decision was made

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

6. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

This. Presumably Vichai didn't want to go to Sevilla managerless so delayed the announcement. He equally probably assumed we'd get battered and the decision wouldn't look as surprising/harsh.