1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mr O'neil could it be

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by SussexBlueBird, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Tigerbaybluebird

please please o'neil but who know's:confused:

2. mjw6150

mjw6150 Member

Mark Hudson was on Twitter saying he liked the idea of O'Neill (who doesn't?) and would let the fans know as soon as he knew anything...

3. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

One of our work's delivery drivers told me that his friend's mate's first cousin removed told him that O'Neill has been in Malaysia for talks and was spotted at the St David's hotel. Could all be a load of rubbish but if true...:1980_boogie_down:

4. Nottage Jack

Nottage Jack Member

Why are you all so desperate to spend stupid money to bag a "name", when there are young managers out there who are willing to work for almost nothing compared to what MON would demand. Havent any of you learnt that throwing money at a problem is not the solution. It is the managers skills, methods and knowledge which are more important than how many big clubs they have been successful at. There are young managers out there just as good as the high profile ones (even better when you take into account the hunger to succeed Vs wages ratio) , but havent been given the opportunity. Progressive and forward thinking board members you need not ones looking for a quick fix by emptying their wallets.

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

True Nottage

MON would only see us as a stepping stone anyway with SAF to retire in 2/3 years. Got to be RdM, he ticks all the boxes.

Anyway, living so close to a Cardiff supporting town, Bridgend, how come you went to the dark side? I know it has now paid off and I'm sure you will enjoy next season as we would have also but really............? LOL.

6. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Nottage, its all speculation dude. Name me a set of supporters who don't speculate about the top 6 available managers if there club are looking. Bottom line is, if the board are prepared to fund it, and they've stated that they're prepared to give promotion another crack, then why not go for someone who's "managers skills, methods and knowledge" are already proven? If there not, then obviously look down the list. I take on board what you're saying because BR is proof you don't need to be a so-called 'big name' to gain success but it still doesn't stop us speculating.