1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Moyes wants to re-build our club!!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by calmcumbrian, Apr 8, 2017.

1. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

2. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Agree completely with that except I don't think the bloke is Safc sorry mate.There is other up and coming managers who would still love to manage us.

BIG BAZ and password invalid like this.
  3. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

Sticking with DM means sticking to dour football ,thats him hes not going to alter from that its not in him,get a young forward looking manager who can grow with the team.

BIG BAZ likes this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I remember Everton being a good attacking side under Moyes it just took him ages to get there. He's clearly naturally over cautious and it's not what we've needed but he is working with a load of ****e to be fair.

5. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Am I right in saying that all of our recent managers have been over cautious? Like you say, probably cos they have all been working with ****e. Maybe all the managers have realised that if we even stick our head above the trenches we are more than likely to get it shot off.

6. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

It's funny how time plays tricks on the mind over time but I remember them being an attacking team who either seemed to win well or lose daft games when they played under Moyes.

I think he had them ending top half for 7/8 out of 10/11 seasons. You've gotta to win more than you lose to do that so he must have been doing something right there.

Short really blindsided him to manage our rag and bone squad this season.

7. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

Moyes has to go. The ugly **** has made the whole place flat as a Fart.

Been to 17 home games this season and I have only enjoy 2 games. Says it all.

8. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I think Moyes had built a very solid and versatile squad at Everton, benefiting greatly from a chairman who was prepared to give him time and back him sensibly. It's a shame for you lot, that he's been unable to do that again, but that separates a great manager from a good manager and more importantly a well run club from a badly run club.

Moyes can be good, it's not all about personality, otherwise folk like Ian Holloway would be managing United and Van Gaal wouldn't have ever won a thing. He's got something, that makes him able to manage at this level, he's clearly got a good understanding of the defensive side of the sport, although this is often to his detriment.

It's a complete waste of time attempting to crunch the numbers, looking at the way things have gone over the last 5/6 years there's no method to the madness, it's just utter carnage. The long game financially is to be self sufficient, it's the way every club has to go really, and the 'Short' game is anybody's guess, but in my opinion the noises coming from the club is that enough is enough, no more manager sackings, because until the bigger picture is fixed there's no manager in the world who will come in and fix all of the club's problems with a football.

FTM Dave, cumbrianmackem and adz_safc like this.
  9. password invalid

10. Tel (they/them)

There's more than one single reason why he was sacked imo, the main being that he didn't adapt himself, he attempted to bring the club to his level instead.

That's the difference here though, with respect, your club don't have an identity. I've said that for a while now, so perhaps you won't end up being the next Southampton, maybe you'll have to settle for being the next Stoke.

11. password invalid

Absolute waste of time of course a poll on here should he stay or go along with will you renew your season ticket,just that nothing else .
    Lets hope we will become the new sunderland,some of us are running short on time though.

12. Tel (they/them)

Even more reason to detach from the club, I might be seen as a fair weather fan if I turned my back on my club (in the event that they turned to utter ****) but I'd sooner be that person, than the one who can't let go. There's way more to my life than football and Man United. At the minute it's great, but if they started giving me nothing in return for my money, I wouldn't be there.

Some folk use that as a yardstick for how great of a supporter they are, well done to those people, perhaps they'll rerun all of those miserable memories when they're on their death bed, who knows.

Each to their own.

rooch 3 and BIG BAZ like this.
  13. password invalid

End up on a safc support module to be awoken in 2025 to see us lift the north east hospital cup beating a showbiz walking football team 1_0 AET and spot kicks...get in well done DM you are the man.